Cloud Strife x Reader- Flower Field

Flowers were the most beautiful things that could ever be on the planet in your opinion. They came in so many different colours, shapes, and sizes, but the one thing that got you was how good they smelled. You loved the scents of any kind of flower, how some would be so strong, it would make your nose tingle. 

You were watering the flowers that grew in Aerith's church, it was also Cloud's current home. You wondered how Cloud was as you carried out your duty, in honour of your deceased friend. You and Aerith had been very good friends since childhood. You had almost everything in common, flowers being only one of them. The thought of her saddened you. Cloud was also greatly affected by her death and because of that, you two grew close to each other. And the way he acted around you made it obvious that he developed a crush on you. But, you didn't quite know if you felt the same way... Although you really wanted to.

"(Y/n)."

You whipped your head to the voice. Tifa. You smiled at her.

"Hey, Tif. How're you doing?" you asked as you set the watering can down on a bench.

"Pretty good. I just came here because Cloud told me he wanted you to meet him at LOVELESS avenue. Like, right now," she said. You cocked your head to the side slightly in confusion. 

"You know what he wants?" 

Tifa shook her head. You shrugged your shoulders and decided to go meet him. 

*******

As you went closer to your destination, you could see Cloud in the distance. He looked somewhat....uneasy? You had a weird feeling about this. What if he was going to confess to you? You were pretty sure he was aware you knew his feelings, but, did he want to confirm it? And what would you say? It was probably all in your imagination, so you shook your head and walked forward.  

"Cloud?" you asked, to get his attention. Cloud snapped out of his thoughts and turned to you.

"Hey," he said in his normal quiet and somber voice, "I found something that I think you might like." 

You arched an eyebrow in confusion and suspicion. He got on his fenrir and turned to you. 

"Come," he said. You did as told and you held onto his waist tightly. You could feel his taut and refined muscles from under his clothes, causing you to blush the tiniest bit. 

The ride was both long and short. Cloud took you out of the city, which he rarely ever did. When you reached a place that was all field and foreign to you, you got even more anxious.

"Cloud, where are you taking me?" you asked loudly as you had to beat the motor in volume to get the blonde to hear you.

"You'll see," he shouted back. Soon the vehicle came to a stop just below a somewhat tall hill. 

"Go up top and see," Cloud said, pointing to the hill. 

You got off the bike and started to trek up the hill. As you started to reach the peak, your eyes started to widen with awe and wonder. Behind the hill was a large flat field of flowers! There were so many colours and different kinds that you've never seen before. All the diverse scents were already filling your senses.

"Oh, my goodness, Cloud! It's beautiful! Thank you so much!" you exclaimed to the young man behind you. You turned to him and gave him a tight, engulfing hug. His breath hitched and he became stiff.

"You're welcome," he whispered. You looked up at him. He was averting his bright blue eyes from your (e/c) ones and was blushing a light pink. You chuckled at his cuteness. Deciding he needed some reward for his kindness, you gave him a peck on his pink cheek, which went red after your lips left it. 

"Now let's have some fun!" you say to him. He looked at you with a confused look before you pulled him down sideways and made him loose balance which made you both tumble and roll down the hill and through the colourful beauties that grew on it. 

As you both continued to tumble down laughing, Aerith's spirit was sitting at the top of the hill, watching and smiling silently.

END.