Chapter 3: No Sense In Lollygagging

I dread this.

Waking up for school because then you have to start the day. That means, after school's over, i have to go to Avery's house. That means i have to start my 'lessons.' The lessons i was forced into.

In a way, i was excited but my anxiety was over-shadowing that.

Groaning, i lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, waiting for my alarm to go off.

It's currently 6:52 and my alarm goes off in 8 minutes. Normally i wake up at 7:30 but i'm an extremely, unusual deep sleeper so my first alarm is basically to gradually wake me up.

But for some reason, i woke up a half hour earlier than normal.

I sigh and roll out of bed to plug out my alarm clock.

There's no point of listening to that blaring sound if i'm already awake.

I crawl to my bathroom and peel my clothes off. I stand carefully in the shower so my hair won't get wet.

I step out and wrapped a towel around myself and trudged back to my room.

Throwing on jeans and a sweatshirt, i jump back on my bed. I plug back in my alarm clock and set it for 7:45.

Since i'm already ready, there's no need to spend 30 minutes eating breakfast.

I laid there as my mind was consumed with various questions.

What's going to happen?

How am i going to get to his house?

Is he going to pick me up or do i have to find my way?

What are we going to do
?

I felt bile rise as these unpleasant scenarios played in my head. It was a challenge racing to the bathroom since it seemed like i tripped on every possible thing. And holding my mouth to prevent anything from spilling out was just as challenging since every jerk movement made it swish in my mouth as more came up.

Luckily, i got to the toilet just in time to release the contents in my mouth. After maybe a long, heaving 5 minutes, i finally finished. Grimacing, i flush and brush my teeth.

What a great way to start off the day.

.......................

I arrived at school, i head to my locker to grab the necessary books for class. When i turned the corner to the hall my locker is on, i noticed someone who made me want to run to the bathroom again.

Avery was leaning against my locker and was the only one, beside me, in the hall.

I could've ran, but he looked up and smirked. Hesitantly walking, i stopped in front of him.

"Can i help you?" I say in a surprisingly stronger voice than i imagined.

"No, actually that's my job." He replied with the smirk still playing on his lips.

"What do you want Avery?" I sigh.

"I was just letting you know to meet me in the parking lot after school."

"Is that all?"

"Yeah, so don't forget or i'll have to get a refund on this little agreement."

Rolling my eyes, i move him from my locker. "Go ahead, i didn't even want to do this." I huff.

"Oh well sweet-cheeks, what's done is done." And with that he walked down the hall, turning into another, leaving me alone.

Sighing once again, i grab my books and head to my first period class.

I was contemplating on whether or not i should skip today but i was already here. There was no sense in lollygagging.

Stomping all the way to the classroom, i slump down in my seat, just dreading for the school day to be over.

But the faster it's started, the faster it ends right?

Wrong.

The day could not of moved any slower. Even lunch seemed like 2 hours, which would normally be fine except that my mind was filled with horrible thoughts that only added to my anxiety.

When the final bell rang, i should have let out a sigh of relief and breathe in the fresh air of freedom. Instead, i was barely breathing because if i breathed too hard, i would have vomited.

Slowly packing up my bag, i head to my locker as slow as possible and try to empty my mind of all the anxiety-related things that was compacted in my head.

With a shaky hand, i emptied my bag of all the unessential material.

I close my locker, crack my neck and shake out the nerves.

This is why i agreed to let Avery help me. So i won't be a complete wreck when i get into a serious relationship. He's going to help me learn the simple things to make me less abnormal.

I close my eyes and walk to the back of the school.

When i reach the doors, i see Avery leaned against his, i'm assuming it's his, car parked right in the front.

Putting a brave face on, i walk out.

Here goes nothing.

.

.

.

.

.

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter.

I know i made it sound a little dramatic but just put yourself in Gracie's shoes. It's like auditioning for a part you want. You want to ace it but you need help and you're nervous to go to your first lesson. Or like the first day of school, with anxiety and fear of being alone in your classes.

IT'S JUST NERVES.

Anyway, the next chapter will be the rules and the first lesson. If you read the blurb you'll know that lesson is *wink*

I hope you guys liked it.

Read, vote and comment!

Jessica :D