Chapter 7:The Schedule

I. Hate. School.

Here's a list of reasons why I hate school.

I have to be surrounded by people who annoy me.

I have to sit in a class surrounded by people who annoy me with a teacher who annoys me for 45 minutes.

I have to wake up so freaking early.

Then with schoolwork I don't understand and never will.

Disturbing me from my precious sleep.

Must I go on?

But the waking up today was extremely harder since I was out all night with Avery. I didn't get back home until 3 in the morning. I'm not necessarily complaining about that because last night, he showed me that he could actually be a decent person. But I guess that's when it's just the two of us because as I sit here in class, I realized how utterly obnoxious Avery was around his friends. They would always make jokes, interrupting the class, bothering the teacher. But apparently, that seemed to bore them since they turned their attention to me.

So currently I am the victim, or target, whatever you prefer to call me, to their little immature habits. It started approximately 4 minutes ago, when I saw the first piece of paper fly onto my desk. I looked around to see who threw it, but everyone looked normal. So cautiously opening it, it was a little note.

turn around hotstuff ;)

And so I did, which was my second mistake. My first was even bothering to look at the note and by the ending of the note, I should've known nothing good was to come out of it. So me being the naive person I am, I turn around and get hit with a piece of paper. Right on the forehead.

So I turn back around. Apparently, that was another mistake because since then, I have constantly felt tiny balls of crumpled paper being thrown at my back. I now understand why the teachers don't want to deal with them. They get under your skin by doing the smallest agitating things until it builds up.

Suddenly the feeling stops and I thank the heavens that it was over. Or so I thought.

"Pst." I heard behind me.

You have got to be kidding me.

I chose to be the mature one and ignore him, like I should have in the beginning.

"Grace." He whisper-shouted.

I'm not listening. Nope I’m not.

"Hey, Grace. Turn around."

I'm not gunna do it.

"Grace!" He whispers a little louder.

Sighing, I turned around because I didn't want the teacher to hear. "What could you possibly want?"

He giggled. Like actually giggled as if he was a little schoolgirl. But he didn't answer. Instead, he crumbled a piece of paper and what do you know. He threw it at me again, except inside my shirt.

I could feel my blood begin to boil with annoyance. I turned back around to attempt to find where the unwanted object was. He just irked me to no end. G-d only knows how his friends deal with him.

"Ms. Rodgers? Is there a problem?" I looked up to the sound of my teacher's voice.

Well this is embarrassing.

"Uh, no sir." I stopped fidgeting with my shirt. But it didn't stop everyone from looking at me as I did.

"Do you need to excuse yourself?"