Chapter 10: It's A Date

What’s the most favorable day of the week? Friday! And believe me when I say I’m really glad it is. Not only can I sleep in tomorrow, I also don’t have any “Avery Lessons.”

I rolled out of bed with a grin plastered on my face, like an actual I’m-glad-it’s-the-last-day-of-the-week smile.

I practically skipped to my bathroom to take a shower. After I finished getting ready, I ran down to my kitchen to grab a quick a breakfast. I looked at the clock to notice I had about twenty minutes left before I left. Deciding I have time for a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch, I fixed myself the cereal and went into my living room. Flipping the television on, I decided to watch Spongebob Squarepants.

What? He’s amazing and my boyfriend.

My phone rang and I looked to see it was Ally.

“Hey.”

“Hey, need a ride?”

“You ask me this every morning.”

“And you decline every morning.”

“I do not!” I gasped dramatically.

“Yeah you do, is it because of Tony?” She questioned. Obvious protests from him could be him.

Anthony ‘Tony’ Harrison, her 15 year old brother who has no shame in hiding the fact that he wants to get in my pants. He’s a major flirt and is sprouting into a little player. But he’s just another example of a person who’s more experienced than me. If I hadn’t known him practically all his life, maybe I would’ve had a crush on him like the rest of our friends. But he’s too much of an annoying, bratty brother to be considered anything more in my eyes. Yeah, sure he was considered hot for a freshman but that’s a ship I’ll be more than happy to let pass.

“No! Of course not.” I was partially lying. Sometimes the comments he blurts out can be uncomfortable but that’s something I’m immune to.

“Then what is it? Do you not love me anymore?” Ally fake sobbed into the phone.

“I’ve moved on, I’m sorry Ally. I don’t love you.” I played along.

“Well that sucks for you because I’m outside.”

“But I didn’t even finish my cereal.” I pouted, although she couldn’t see it.

“Oh stop your whining before I send Tony inside to retrieve you.”

“Okay, okay. I’ll be out in a minute.” I hung up and practically choked down the remains of my cinnamon toast crunch. I set a new record for running through my house like a mad woman. I got my book bag and slipped on my converses. When I open the door, I come face to face with Tony. Well, shoulder to face since he had a growth spurt one night.

I hold in my groan as he smirks and opens his mouth to what he thinks will be ‘smooth talking.’

“I was getting worried that you slipped in the shower. I was going to save you.” Tony rested his arm my head and leaned closer.

“Oh how tragic that would have been.” I roll my eyes.

“It would’ve but since you’re nowhere near naked, how about we-”

“Save it.” I stop him before he continued that sentence. We all knew where it was going. I ducked under his arm and made my way to Ally.

“Hey girlie.” She greeted me with a smile.

“Hey sugar.” I gave her a side hug and settled myself in the front seat.

“I was sitting there.” Tony huffed.