Chapter 14: Shop Until You Drop

I woke up with goose-bumps crawling over me. I shuddered at the coldness in my room. Pulling the covers around me, I started to search for my phone, which was somewhere on my bed. My hand brushed against an ice cold object with a smooth surface.

Bingo.

Whipping it from its hiding spot, I brought it to my face to check the time.

7:47 a.m

Too early. Back to sleep.

I shut my eyes and gave my mind permission to shut off. Next thing I knew, my phone was buzzing.

I peeked one eye open to look at the notification.

wake up lazy – Ally

I groaned, knowing this is her way of letting me know that she has plans to shop until her arms fall off. Well, our arms.

Im not going anywhere today, just letting you know – Grace

oh yes you are! im already here as a matter of fact - Ally

Liar - Grace

am not - Ally

Are too - Grace

well i wont be lying in a few hours so GET READY OR ILL DRAG YOU OUT BY THE ROOTS - Ally

We’ll see - Grace

I smiled at her empty threat and rolled around to get more comfortable. That didn’t go as planned since I rolled to far and fell off my bed. I didn’t hit the ground hard because my carpet was really thick.

And soft.

Before I knew it, I fell asleep again.

~

“HONEY, I’M HOME!”

I almost pooped my pants and had a seizure waking up to the shrill scream. I would’ve fallen off the bed, but you know… floors and stuff.

Groaning, I roll under my bed.

Maybe if I hide, the intruder won’t find me.

I attempt to breathe quieter as I hear the soft padding of feet walking to my room. I know those footsteps anywhere. She’s going to kill me.

“I know you’re in here, ladybug.” She says as she opens my door.

Do not move, Grace.

“I can hear you think.”

No you can’t liar!

“Come out, come out wherever you are.” Ally drawled out her words.

NEVER!

“I sense that you’re not ready.”

She’ll never catch me.

“And when I find you…” Her feet circle my bed and stop at the end, “… you’re going to wish you were dressed.”

I watched as her legs started bending until her knees were on the ground. Her palms were pressed firmly against the floor as her head crept down, too.

“Gotcha.” She stated as we held a little stare off.

“Not quite.” I smirked as my hand grabbed whatever was next to me, which happened to be a flip-flop I’ve been looking for, for quite some time now.

Ally squealed in surprise and for the fact that it might have hurt in some way. This was clearly a signal to roll out from under my bed and make a run for the door. However, that didn’t go as planned.