Chapter 5: Not Every Kiss Begins With K

*I JUST WANTED TO NOTE THAT HER NAME IS GRACE BUT HER FRIENDS AND FAMILY CALL HER GRACIE. IT'S LIKE A PETNAME, NOT REALLY A NICKNAME*

Oh sweet peas.

Oh sweet baby peas.

That's all i could as Avery stood in front of me. Both of us still.

Was he going to kiss me or are we going to have this awkward stare down?

"Well?" He broke the silence.

"Well what?"

"Are you going to kiss me or not?"

I almost fell over at that moment. He wanted me to kiss him? I guess not every kiss begins with K.

But that was not going to happen. I'm not trying to embarrass myself any further. I'm already humiliated just by being here.

I felt my cheeks get hot.

"O-oh, i didn't know... uh."

"Okay well i need to see how you would kiss someone so i could tell you what you're doing wrong."

It made sense the way he said it, but it didn't make me feel any less embarrassed.

I stumbled a foot closed and awkwardly looked at him. I looked away and leaned in. Maybe he moved forward or i was moving too fast, but my lips hit his. Hard.

"Fuck! Can you try not to be so aggressive?" Avery said as he rubbed his lips.

"Oh my goodness, i'm sorry. I didn't know it would happen that fast." I shake my head as i feel my whole body turn warm. I felt like crying, i was so embarrassed.

"Yeah, whatever. Just take it slower next time."

I nod and lean in again. This time extremely slow. Since he was taller than me, i had to sorta lean up. So i stood on my tippy-toes and hastily grabbed his arm when i felt myself losing balance.

Finally, my lips brushed his and as soon as it did, i pulled back.

We stood in silence for maybe 5 seconds. That is until he bursted out laughing?

"What... the hell... was that supposed to be a kiss?" He was laughing so hard his face was turning red. He couldn't even speak until after he calmed down, which probably took about 3 minutes. I didn't think it was possible to be so embarrassed, but so far, it just gradually increases.

I look away, i could feel the tears rim around my eyes but i blink them away. I'm just so frustrated and angry and humiliated and tired. I knew it was a bad idea, especially when it involved Avery. He would probably laugh about it with his friends and tell the whole school that Grace Rodgers does not know how to kiss. Or he would keep it to himself because he wouldn't want his friends to find out that he's been socializing with someone like me.

After he's finished, he takes a few deep breaths to regain the oxygen he lost.

"That was really funny." He says with a few chuckles.

"Couldn't tell." I mumbled.

"Anyway, so based off of that, you really suck at kissing." I roll my eyes, but he continues. "It's not considered a kiss if you barely touch their lips. Now," he claps, "do it again."

"I'd rather not."

"Hey, remember i'm doing this to help you. Out of the kindness of my heart, i'm sacrificing my time to help make you into a better person."

I could tell he's joking but that doesn't stop the smug look from taking over his face.

"Whatever." I say. Shaking my hands and feet, i try to clear my head of everything that has gone wrong so far.

Before i could think about anything else, i grab onto his shoulder and press my mouth to his.

I felt him still. I knew the kiss seemed expected but in an unexpected way. I wanted him to know that i am capable of what he thinks i am completely delusional in. I know that basics of kissing, two people having their lips pressed firmly together. But i didn't know how to kiss-kiss. I don't know how to move or how to use tongue or where your teeth go.

After 6 seconds, yes i counted, i released him and stepped back.

"How was that?" I asked as i shifted my feet and looked anywhere but him.

"Not my type of kiss, but a kiss nonetheless." His voice came out a little quieter than expected.

"Okay, so i could leave now?" I asked way to eagerly but i didn't care. I wanted to get out of there at lightening speed.

"Oh no, no, no. we still have a lot of work."

Releasing a breath that was filled with hope, i sucked back in air full of disappointment.

"Now, i guess the feedback depends on what kind of person you want to be. So tell me Grace, who do you want to be?"

Still not looking at him, i reply. "Uh, i don't know. I guess i want to be more outgoing."

He moves to his desk chair, a swirly one if i may add, and pretends to actually take my words into consideration. "Hm, i see. This means that i'm going to have to do a lot more work than i thought. What's your biggest fear?"

Rolling my eyes, i can't help the little smile forming on my lips. "What is this? 20 questions? You're not Dr. Phil." I say folding my arms.

"I might not be Dr. Phil but Dr. Jones... has a nice ring to it. But anyway, answer the question."

"I don't know. I guess heights."

"Why?"

"I just don't. It always gives me panic attacks." I breathe out. Now i was tired of standing, i really wish i was bold enough to just invite myself to take a seat.

Nodding, he stands up. "Okay, it's about that time i take you home."

I nod too and make my way to the stairs and slip my shoes on quickly. We walk up the stairs in silence until we get to his car.

The ride was generally quiet, except for the directions i gave him to get to my house. When we pulled up, i gathered my things, mainly my bag, and started to open the door.

"Thanks for the ride. Um... Yeah..." I say quietly. I exit the car and begin to walk away when i hear him talking to me.

"We'll continue this tomorrow."

"Sure." I mumble and walk to my front door. Turning around, i find the street empty and sigh with relief that my time with Avery is officially over for today.

Ugh, for today. That means more for the future.

Holding my bag tighter, i walk in my house.

Making my way up to my room, throw my bag at the side of my bed, kick my shoes off and jump into the soft mattress. Not even bothering with my homework, i let sleep overtake me.

.

.

.

.

.

Hey guys, new chapter yay!

I don't really have much to say but check out a new story i'm putting out soon. It's called Royals, the blurb is inside.

I hope you enjoyed this and i'll try to update maybe next weekend.

Please comment guys, it means a lot when i see your reaction.

AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE EITHER!

Love you guys!

Jessica :D