Chapter 15: Sky Rocketing Heels

SORRY FOR THE TROUBLE THIS PARAGRAPH IS GIVING PEOPLE. I BEG FOR FORGIVNESS.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

“HURRY UP GRACE! I NEED TO GET READY TOO!”

I quickly tie my hair up in my towel and tighten the one around my body. I was only in the shower for ten minutes.

Why is she so dramatic?

Swinging open the door, Ally rushes in and almost tramples me.

“WE ARE ON A SCHEDULE, GRACIE! DAMN!” And with that, slams the door.

Chuckling, I ring out my hair in the towel and set up the blow dryer and flat iron.

What to do, what to do…

I really don’t want to go…

Should I take a nap?

That sounds really tempting.

But my hair is wet.

Sighing, I turn my blow dryer on and started to dry my now damp hair. It started to curl up so I brushed it out. It was a bad idea and you would know why.

The only three consequences that will have you shaking:

Knots, puffiness, and frizz.

What a nightmare.

I decided to spread some heat protecting oil through my dangerously wild hair and flat iron it.

By time I was half way through, Ally shrieked and the water cut off. Finally, she came out with a lot of steam behind her.

“Did you use all my hot water?” My eyebrow shot up.

“Me? I’m not selfish like you.”          

“What did I do?” I question as I continue to straighten my hair.

“You used most of it! You left me no heat in the system. I’ll be lucky if I don’t catch pneumonia.”

“Don’t be so dramatic.”

She walked over and blow dried her hair alongside me.

“And you’re hogging the mirror too?!” She shouted and bumped me over.

“Hey! I have a very hot flat iron in my hand!”

“That’s nice for you!” She turned the blow dryer to me and my hair whipped around my face.

“I have to finish Ally!” I screamed and pushed the air blower away.

We looked at each other and burst in laughter.

An hour later, we finished our hair and makeup. It was close to 7:30 when we decided to watch reruns of The Office and get dressed.

My ears perked up to the sound of soft clicks passing my door.

I walked to my door and opened it to reveal my mother tip toeing to her room.

“Mom?”

She froze and turned around.

“Hey honey.” Her voice was tight.

“What are you doing home so early?”

“I got off of work early.” She said slowly. “I was planning on going out with some co-workers.”