Good Morning, Good Morning

General

As soon as they began to drive, Annie fell asleep. Paul drove back to the hotel and carried her upstairs to the hotel room. When they got there, he layed her down in his bed and stared at her, anticipating whether of not to change her clothes. 'I'm just a stranger who took this poor little girl in' He thought to himself. Finally he decided that it was just changing her clothes. He slipped off her filthy dress carefully, and replaced it with one of his T-Shirts. It was quite large on her. He chuckled and threw it into the washer machine before tucking her In, under the warm covers. He got changed into his own pajamas. Climbing into the bed, he heard a soft whimper.  

"Shhh, love. 'm right here." He rolled over, wrapped his arms around Annabelle, and sang some Beatles tunes to her. Sooner or later, they were both sound asleep. 

-In the morning-

"Wake up!" Annie sat on Paul's stomach, hopping up and down and chanting the same words over and over.  

"Nghhhnd!" Paul rolled over onto his stomach and burried his face into the pillow. Annie layed on Paul's back.  

" 'm hungry." She pet his slightly long, moptop hair as he groaned and rolled over, lifting her into the air by her waist while she giggled loudly. "What d'ya want fer' breakky?" She stopped and thought for a minute.  

"D'ya have any cereal?" Paul nodded and carried her into the kitchen, setting her down on the counter.  

"Let's see here." He dug through the cabinets and pulled out a box of corn flakes.  

"Ye' can have these!" Paul made her a bowl and sat in the chair, pulling her into his lap so she was high enough to reach the cereal.  

While she ate, Paul thought about ways he could contact her mother and father. But even though he only met this little girl yesterday, he didn't want to find her parents. Paul decided to see exactly how much information he could get out of the toddler, before he attempted to contact her parents.  

"Ey' Annie?" She looked up at him, wide eyed with her mouth full of corn flakes.  

"Uh-Huh?" She swallowed and Paul stared down at her. 

"Where're yer' parents? Ye' know, mummy and daddy?" Annie just continued to stare up at him with confusion, glazing over her eyes. "Mummy?" She began to whimper. He sighed and figured he wasn't going to get far if this was her reaction to the word.  

Maybe he'd have better luck just trying to contact her. Paul was sure Brian could do it in a jiffy. Standing up and lifting Annie in his arms, he glanced at her. Maybe Cyn could help find her some clothes in the meanwhile. And give her a bath. The Blonde curls in her hair hung loose and frizzy. She obviously needed one badly. Cynthia was just the person to turn to.