Another Girl

Paul

"How old is she?" I had gotten to talking with one of Cyn's best friends, Jane. She was the only guest left at the house, after the party. I smiled at her question.

"She's six years old, today." Jane nodded and I looked over at Julian and Annie playing with the baby.

"How old is yours?" I glanced back over to the redhead, sitting next to me who now had her sight fixed upon the two children and her baby. I'm sure she was afraid to leave them unattended with such a small child.

"He's 9 months." She replied. Cynthia and John had been watching the children as well.

"He doesn't have hair! Or alot of teeth!" Annie yelled, examining the baby who was in Julian's lap.

"He's a baby, Annie." I chuckled while she got closer to him, searching his mouth.

"I know that, but why not?" She asked, thoroughly confused.

"He's not old enough, love. He's only Nine months old!" Jane calmly explained to Annabelle. "When you were that little, you didn't have all your teeth or hair either!" Jane smiled at Annie and, and got up to take the baby.

"What's his name?" Julian asked, both children jumping up and following Jane to the couch. Annie climbed into my lap and Julian sat next to Jane.

"His name's Joey." The baby giggled as Julian made funny faces at him. I looked up, and noticed John and Cynthia weren't in the room anymore.

-Cynthia's POV-

"I think I really do want a baby, John. Look how cute Julian is with Jane's baby." I smiled as John and I watched Julian and Annie playing with the baby. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my side. it hurt so bad, that I must have groaned or turned pale.

"Are you alright, love?" John asked, concern written all over his face.

"Yeah, I'm perfect. Really." I mumbled in response. I got up and headed into the kitchen to get some water. Out of nowhere, I began to feel dizzy and I heard John walk in.

"Cyn? Are you okay?" That was that last thing I heard before I collapsed into my husband's arms.

-Paul's POV-

"Yeah. And my favorite food is ice cream. Though daddy doesn't let me have it all the time. What's the point of even eating dinner, if you don't get ice cream after? Or even better! ice cream FOR dinner!" Jane laughed. Annie was now sitting in her lap and talking about the most random things ever. Typical Annie. I snickered at her rant about Ice cream.

"Annie, Ice cream isn't a real food. You have to eat real food before ice cream. And you can't eat it everyday!"I attempted to explain. Jane laughed and Annie continued to argue.

"Yes, but then why can we eat vegetables everyday?" I sighed in defeat.

"You never eat your vegetables!" I laughed as she scrunched her nose in disgust.

"Broccolis yucky!"

"Yes, I know but-.." I was cut off by John running into the room and yelling.

"Paul! Call an ambulance! I think Cyn's hurt!" I rushed over to the phone and dialed 911 without hesitation.

When the ambulance arrived, they loaded Cynthia into the truck.

"Go ahead, both of you. I'll stay here with the kids." I smiled and nodded, running out the door to meet John.