Your Mother Should Know

Paul

"You can head home, Paul. I think it's going to be a while.." John was absolutely distraught.

"Nah, it's alright mate. I wa-.."

"No Macca, go. Everything's fine." He held his head in his hands and I could hear the pain in his voice. We had been sitting there for the past three hours, and the doctor hadn't even said one word to us. I got up out of the chair I was sat in, pat John on the back silently, and went outside to hail a taxi.

When I got back to John's house, I walked in and it was silent. Everything had been cleaned up and the place looked spotless. I was about to walk out, when I heard giggles coming from the upstairs. I headed up to the top floor of the Lennon house silently and leaned in the doorway of Julian's bedroom. Smiling to myself, I watched Annie, Julian, and Jane playing a board game. Jane was holding her son, Joey. I watched for a little longer, but Annie looked up and saw me. Of course she ran to me and had to get a hug, blowing my cover.

"DADDY! YOUR BACK!" I grinned and picked her up. Jane held her chest.

"Goodness Paul, you scared me half to death! How long have you been there?" Her eyes were wide and she stood up.

"Oh, long enough to know that you're pretty good at playing Monopoly. We should play sometime." I chuckled, and she followed, laughing softly. "Well I had to do something with them! They tried to use Joey as a monster, in the game they wanted us to play!" She whisper-shouted at me so they wouldn't hear.

"Is mummy alright?" Julian sounded extremely concerned. I thought about telling the truth, and that I didn't know for sure. But that would break his heart! I decided against it.

"Of course, Jules!" I ruffled his hair, and I could feel him relax.

"Now, isn't it time for bed? It's pretty late.." I looked down at Annie who I wad holding in my arms, and then Julian who was sitting on his bed with Jane's baby.

"But we didn't even have ice cream!" Annie glanced up at me with a puppy dog face. It was tough to say 'No' to such an adorable face like that. Trust me, I'd know. I've tried, and failed Many times in the past three years.

"It's Pretty late, love." I replied.

"But it's my Biiiirthdaaaay." She giggled and stuck her bottom lip out.

"Fine! Only because it's your Birthday!" I set her down next to Julian, and they both cheered.

"Come ead'" I helped Julian and Annie with their coats while Jane put hers and Joey's on. She took Julian and Annabelle's hand and I held Joey. And we went out to get ice cream.

-John's POV-

"Mr. Lennon?" The voice woke me out of a sleep and I jumped.

"Uhh..Yeah, that's me." I replied sleepily, rubbing my eyes and sitting up. I heard Cyn chuckle quietly from behind the doctor. I had taken a chair into her hospital room as soon as they said it was okay for me to enter, and apparently fell asleep. I was glad to see she was awake.

"I just wanted to tell you that your wife is fine. And the baby is perfectly healthy. She should be ready to go home tonight." I smiled as I listened to the doctor.

"Great! Thank you ve-..Wait! What did you say about a baby?" I was in udder shock when I processed everything the doctor was telling me. Cynthia just watched with her mouth hung open.

"Yes...Your wife is pregnant." I grinned widely and watched as Tears flooded down Cyn's face. I hope they're happy tears..

"THAT'S WONDERFUL!" I retorted happily, jumping out of my chair and running over to Cynthia to give her a big hug. I can't believe it. This is what we've wanted.

----------------------------------------

Wow. This is pretty long compared to what I usually write. At least I think it is..

I just want to Thank my friend 'TheBeatles60' For helping me out with alot of the ideas for this story so far (And all of the John and Cynthia parts.) THANK YOU! :)

Okay. It'd be great if you guys could take some time and; *VOTE*COMMENT*ALL THAT AWESOME STUFF*  Thanks for reading :) -B******