Jealous Girl

Brianna here! :) I think I'm going to continue the rest of this story in Paul's POV. So if I don't put who's pov it is, just figure that it's his. I may add and occasional Cynthia, John, Jane, or General. But it just seemed weird to continuously add 'Paul's POV'. Okay then! Rant over. Enjoy the next chapter of I lost my little girl! :)

----------------------------------------

"Tell the lady what you want, Annie." I lifted her into my arms and the cashier waved at Annie.

"Icecream!" She shouted and the lady laughed.

"No, what kind of Icecream?" I chuckled.

"Oh! Chocolate with Rainbow sprinkles!" She grinned happily and the woman behind counter nodded.

"And you sir?" I shook my head.

"That'll be it." She proceeded to make the cone, and when she came back, handed it to Annabelle.

"Thank ye' miss!" Annie took the Icecream and I paid.

We had gone to the adoption center offices earlier, and got the paperwork. I had to cover for myself quite often in order to keep the secret from Annie. Those are the Times when it's not good that I have an over curious six year old to take care of. I laughed as I watched Annie try to contain the Icecream in the cone.

"Would ye' like some help, love?" She nodded quickly and handed it to me. I rolled Annie's jacket sleeves up and gave her a napkin.

"Are ye' sure ye' don't want a bowl? it'll be easier!" I continued trying to persuade her. I wanted to avoid the mess of sticky chocolate ice cream all over her dress. I already wash the thing four times a week.

As soon as Annie finished her Icecream, we went to John's house. Julian and Annabelle played while I proudly spoke about the adoption to Cyn and John.

--- --- --- --- --- Later that night--- --- --- ---

Jane and I were supposed to go out to dinner tonight at a fancy restaurant. I made us reservations a while ago. Cynthia told me that I could drop Annie off at Kentwood. While I got ready, Annie layed on my bed and watched me.

"But we ALWAYS watch movies together on Fridays!" I sighed as she continued.

"And we always eat popcorn! And you always read me stories before bed! And tuck me in!"

"I'll be here to do that, Annie! I'm only going to be out with Jane for a few hours. I can still say goodnight and read you a story." Annie huffed out a deep breathe and buried her face into the pillow.

"But I'll miss you for a few hours! How long is that?" I was combing my face out of my hair while doing the math in my head. It took a while but I finally got an answer.

"Well, I'll be gone for about four hours. So that means about two hundred and forty minutes." She groaned.

"That's a reallly long time! How many seconds?" Annabelle asked.

"About fourteen thousand and four hundred seconds."

"THAT'S REALLY REALLY LONG!"

"I know Annie. But I'm always with you! Don't you want to spend time with Julian and Aunt Cyn? Even Johnny said he'd be there!" I tried to make her less upset. Annie loved John. Ever since she had first met him, something just clicked between them. That's why I think she's so close to Julian.

"Yeah! WE'RE always together! Not you and Jane!" She stood up and slumped away.

"Please get your coat Annabelle?" She didn't respond.

"Annie?"

"Okay! I'll get it!" She snapped back through the door. She never acted like this! What's going on with the over curious-Bubbly and always happy Annsabelle I used to know?

I finished getting ready and grabbed my keys and wallet. When I walked into the front room, Annie was sitting by the front door and putting her shoes on. She had her coat on inside out and the stuffed elephant that I had given her when she was three or four in her hands.

"Come ead'." I held my arms out for her but she turned around and walked out the door by herself. I sighed and frowned while following her out to my car.

-John's POV-

The doorbell rang and I got up to answer it. When I opened the door I revealed Annie and Paul standing there.

"Thank ye' for watching her Johnny. Tell Cyn I said thank you as well." He seemed genuinely happy. It must be the fact that he was going out for the first time in a while tonight. Annie on the other hand, seemed the complete opposite. The usually bouncy and exciting child just stood there, hugging the stuffed elephant that I've never seen her without against her chest. I looked down at her and smiled. She smiled sadly back and grabbed my hand. I gently pushed her inside.

"No problem, mate. Good luck tonight!" I chuckled and Paul grinned.

"Thanks John. I have to get going. See you around nine!" He headed down the path that lead to the door.

"See ya'." I walked back inside and closed the door behind me. Annabelle just sat on the couch and stared at the wall.

"What's the matter, munchkin? Ye' alright?" She nodded and I sat beside her.

"No yer' not. What's wrong. Tell me." I patted my lap and the child crawled into it, laying her head on my shoulder.

"Daddy doesn't love me anymore." She sobbed. I pat her back and shushed her.

"Don't be daft Annie! He loves Ye' more than anyone on this whole planet!" She shook her head.

"He loves Jane better! We always watch movies together on Fridays! But her left for her!" She cried harder. I sighed and layed down on the couch, with Annie laying on my stomach.

"He just thought it would be nice to do grown up stuff for once in a while. You always see him. Give Jane a chance! She's not that bad." I continued rubbing circles around her back and speaking softly. Anything to get her mind off of Paul. She has grown too close to him for her own good. She won't even sleep over the night here without him.

I stared at the clock on the wall. Cynthia went to pick Julian up from his friends house before Paul dropped Annie off. She should be soon. Annabelle's breathing grew steadier and she fell asleep. K lay there watching her until Cynthia came home with Julian.