Keep your hands off my baby

Paul

The sun was shining through the window and I could feel it's warmth upon my cool back. I stretched and felt something move on top of me. I rolled over and laughed as Annie softly landed to the side of me, on the bed. I was used to this. She has pretty frequent nightmares. And she's scared of the Dark. I ruffled her hair and threw the covers over the top of her, heading out of the room to let her sleep.

I sat down at my piano and started to write. Tinkering round with the keys that lay in front of me, I worked on a song I've been working on for a while now. It was supposed to be for her birthday, but I didn't get a chance to finish it. I glanced down at what I had and played it. I was thrilled with the outcome of the beginning.

Michelle, my belle.

These are words that go together well,

My Michelle.

I chose the closest name to Annabelle that I could think of. I smiled to myself as my fingers danced across the black and white row of keys that lay in front of me and I jotted down whatever came to my head.

Michelle, my belle.

Sont des mots qui vont très bien ensemble,

Très bien ensemble.

Perfect! I know a little French, and this is part of all I know. And the words fit perfectly! I grinned and began to write more down, when the phone rang. I got up off the stool I was sat upon and ran over to the phone, answering it.

"Ello'? James Paul McCartney speaking."

"Hello. Mr. McCartney? We're calling from 'Adoptionlink UK' We got a call from you? Were you thinking of adopting?"

I grinned widely and nodded to myself. They called back! This must be a sign. Maybe I should..But then again...But it'll be good for us both...But... I don't know..!

"...Mr. McCartney? Hello? Are you still there?"

I cleared my throat and responded quickly before I changed my mind.

"Yes! I was looking to adopt a little girl."

"We have-.." The man on the other end began and I ignored it.

"No. I have the little girl. I just need paperwork. And a court date."

"Oh! Alright then."

The man gave me the offices address, and told me to come by and pick up the papers. I danced around excitedly after I hung up. I Can't believe it! It's finally time! I grinned and made my way back to the piano.

Continuing for a while longer, I got;

I love you, I love you, I love you.

That's all I want to say.

Until I find a way

I will say the only words I know that

You'll understand.

A few minutes after, I heard shuffling and when I looked up, Annie was standing next to me and reading my paper. I grabbed it and she frowned.

"Hey! I was reading that!" Annie reached for it, but I held it in my hands and I put her in my lap.

"Annabelle, You can't even read!" I chuckled and sat her on top of the piano. She watched me play.

I played her favorite song, Drive my Car from the New album. She sang it for me, and I smiled as I watched her. Annie always learned all of my songs before they were released. First she would learn the original. Then every time I changed it, she changed the way she sang it. And she knew Drive my Car spot on. For six, she was a wonderful singer.

"How about some breakky, then? I could make you a pretty mean bowl of frootloops!" Annie giggled and I lifted her off of my piano. After I made her breakfast, I sat her in front of the t.v. while A Hard Day's Night played. She loved to watch that.

I quickly got ready and when I came back, she was nearly finished.

"Annie, when yer' done can ye' get dressed? We need to go do something." I smiled to myself and sat next to her.

"What do you hafta' do?" She asked. I didn't want to tell her yet. It'll be a Suprise.

"Ey', just have to get some paperwork for work. We can get ice cream afterwards." Her face automatically lit up and she stood, running into the kitchen to put the bowl in the sink.

"I'M GOING TO WEAR MY SPECIAL DRESS!" She shouted, speeding across the hall to her bedroom.

I grabbed her around the waist and she wiggled, attempting to escape my arms.

"Not the princess one!" I laughed.

"YES! ITS MY FAVORITTTTE ONE!" She attempted to persuade me into allowing it.

"But...Fine." I chuckled and let Annie go.

A few minutes later she came back, in her favorite dress. The one Cynthia had bought her. She absolutely adored that thing. It was inspired by Cinderella, her favorite Disney princess, Yet it was bright pink! Not to add that it was ridiculously puffy.

"I'm ready!" She held her arms up for me, and I pulled her into my grasp.  When we were finally ready, we headed out the door.

-------------------------------

Sorry guys, I have no idea how adoption works. or what companies do adoption. so I just made it up. xD Thanks for reading by the way! You're all awesome