Thank You Girl

General

Paul had been rushing around the house for the past fifteen minutes, trying to get Annabelle ready to bring to Cyn's. He glanced down at his watch and noticed it was 4:00. He had to be at the studio thirty minutes ago! He quickly threw the dingy dress back on the little girl and wrapped her up in a jacket, rushing to get her into the car. As soon as she was secured in the seat, he rushed out of the driveway, and towards John's house.  

Cynthia

'Ding dong!' I heard the doorbell ringing and sighed. 

"Julian, love. Can you please open the door?" I yelled up the stairs as I wiped my hands on a dish rag. I had been doing the dishes, that Julain and I had used for lunch, and had sent him upstairs to tidy his room up after lunch. 

"Alright Mummy!" He sped down the stairs and darted for the door.  

"Don't run in the house Julian!" I warned. I heard him unlock the door and screech.  

"UNCLE PAUL!" I winced at how loud my son could be and ran out the kitchen door, only to reveal Paul, stumbling backwards and Julian clinging to his ankle.  

"JOHN JULIAN LENNON!" I had to pry Julian off of Paul and hold him in my arms in order to keep him from climbing on Paul again. 

-End of POV- 

"Ello' Cyn!" Paul hugged Cynthia and kissed her on the cheek. "How're ye'?"  

"I'm doing just fine! How are you?" She motioned for Paul to follow her as she carried Julian with her into the main room. Annie had been hidden behind Paul's legs, clutching to the back of his trousers, shyly. Paul lifted Annabelle into his arms and followed slowly. 

"Who's that!" Julian exclaimed, jumping out of his mother's arms and staring at Annie with big eyes. He waved, grinning and she waved back, smiling widely at Julian.  

Paul sat down, setting The child on the floor, next to Julian and ruffling her hair. He turned to his Best friends wife. 

"This.." He trailed on, pointing to Annie.  

"Is Annabelle." He changed his voice into a whisper tone.  

"I found her next to my car last night. She was whimperin' and she was freezin' cold! I took her with me backstage, and the other lads suggested that I take her home fer' the night. So I did. And I was wonderin' If ye' could help me with findin' er' clothes and givin' her a bath." He spoke quickly. "Because ye' know...yer' a girl.." Paul stared at her with a pleading look on his face, and she chuckled.  

"Of course Paul! Anything." She smiled at him and turned to the blonde little girl.  

"Ello' luv, I'm Cynthia, but you could call me Cyn." She smiled kindly and picked Julian up.  

"And this is John, but you can call him Julian." Julian grinned and nodded, agreeing with his mother.  

"Julian, darling. Why don't you bring Annie upstairs to play, so the adults can talk?" Julian nodded once again, taking Annabelle's hand in his own and leading her upstairs.  

"I can't really talk Cynthia, I was supposed to be at the studio and hour ago!" Paul rushed his speaking, and stood up. "Here." He handed Cynthia some cash. 

"No, Paul. It's fine. Really." Cynthia declined, but Paul continued to push it back.  

"I insist. Thank you so much Cynthia! It's a huge help." As soon as she accepted the money, Paul kissed her on the cheek once again and dashed out the door and towards his car. 

-In Julian's Bedroom- 

"What d'ya like ta play?" Julian asked Annie as he sat down on the floor and patted the spot next to him. She shrugged and stared at him.  

"How about we play ghost hunters?" He exclaimed, excitedly.  

"Yeah!" Annie giggled and sat next to Julian.  

"Okay, so I'll wear this." Julian pulled the sheet off of his bed and tied it around his neck like a cape. "And you...wear this!" Julian grabbed a big floppy sun hat that belonged to his mother, out of his closet and handed it to Annie who gladly took it and placed it on her tiny head.  

"Let's go!" She shouted as she ran through the halls, bumping into several walls on the way because her hat was in her eyes. And Julian tripping over his bed sheet every so often.  

The too toddlers played 'Ghost hunters' for a while and then got tired, laying in Julian's bed together as Julian read to Annie. They both eventually fell asleep.