xxx. | shane

THINGS WRONG WITH THE WALKING DEAD FANFICS
xxx. | shane

Shane

Shane. Shane is a very complex character. He has his strong points, and his flaws. Sadly, his flaws out number the strong points. I personally really liked Shane. I felt as though the group was safe with him, since he got things done quickly and didn't hesitate when it came to making tough decisions.

"Shane's a rapist!!1"
No. Shane isn't a rapist.

I mean, I can see where you'd get the idea that he's a rapist from, but he isn't. His actions at the rec room in the CDC centre were surprising, but he later regretted them. I feel he acted that way because he loved Lori so much, however that doesn't make it okay.

The bottom line is, rapist is too strong of a word. Let's say, jerk.

"He lied to Lori about Rick being dead!"
This is both true and false.

He didn't lie because he wanted too. He lied because he had too. If you were watching the show, then you'd remember that Shane tried really hard to get Rick out of the hospital, however when he put his head to Rick's chest, he couldn't feel a heartbeat. He thought Rick was dead. Shane couldn't say to Lori and Carl that he just left Rick at the hospital on a whim, could he?

"He's a bad person! He killed Randal and Otis!"
Shane's actions were very extreme, however when you think about it, Rick later become like Shane.

Shane adjusted to the new world really quickly. He knew that sacrifices needed to be made for the greater good of his group. He couldn't risk Randal's group coming after his group, and he killed Otis in order to survive and get the medical supplies back to Hershel.

During the seasons, Rick ends up killing a lot of people. The prison, the pub, terminus, the church, the list goes on and on. Obviously, Rick and Shane's morals are different, but their actions are the same. Shane only wants whats best for the group, even if that means murder.

▲