(43) You Wouldn't Understand

Leah's POV

"Get back to the port key everybody and STICK TOGETHER!" Mr. Weasley shouted as Hermione led the way. "Fred, George. Ginny is your responsibility.. GO!"

I felt George tug my hand. We ran as fast as we could past the crowd of people. Hermione glanced behind at me and her eyes had tears in them. I can't cry, too. Not now. I felt a huge radiating pain on my left arm as someone quickly bumped into me.

"LEAH!" George shouted above the screams.

"I'M FINE!" I lied, as George bumped someone off him to open a path.

My eyesight was beginning to fog up because of the smoke. I tried to focus on the familiar figures in front of me; on the familiar hand holding me tightly.

Hermione.. Ron.. Ginny.. Fred.. George.. W-Where's Harry?

"H-HARRY?" I screamed, frantically looking around. "HARRYY!"

"LEAH!" I heard a voice 10 feet behind me.

"HARRY!" I shouted, trying to go after him, but George pulled me forward as Harry disappeared in the crowd. "GEORGE, WE HAVE TO GO BACK FOR HARRY!"

"DON'T GO ON YOUR OWN! IT'S TOO DANGEROUS!" he shouted, Hermione and the others were moving further away from us.

"B-BUT HARRY'S ALONE!" I shouted.

A tall man suddenly bumped my left arm with his huge bag, something sharp poking out of it. "OUCH!"

"LEAH!" George said, pulling me to a stop near a tent with less people running around. "You're bleeding.."

"I-I'm fine.. b-but Harry's-"

"CAN YOU THINK ABOUT YOURSELF FIRST?" George shouted, slightly shaking me. "You're NOT FINE, Leah. You're always thinking about others, but how are you going to help Harry when you yourself need help?"

I stared into his fearful eyes. The pain in my arm increasing as my sleeve was getting more and more saturated with blood.

"When you first got to the Burrow, I asked you about the bandages in your hand and what did you tell me and Fred?" he asked, slightly shaking me again. "What did you say, Leah?"

"G-George, you're hurting me." I said, looking away from him.

"Leah! What did you tell us?" he asked again, making me face him.

"T-That I was fine and it was just small cuts from a broken glass."

"But what was the truth?" he said, not letting me turn away from him. "Why did you get cut in the first place?"

"N-Nothing, George."

"What was the truth, Le-"

"NOTHING, GEORGE! YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND!" I shouted, my mouth quivering. "Y-You wouldn't understand."

I stared at him with empty eyes. I felt numb again. He couldn't understand. I didn't want to explain anything to anyone. Why couldn't they just leave me alone..

"We need to catch up with the others." he said, not even waiting for an answer as he carried me in his arms.

I applied pressure on my arm with my hand, trying to slow down the bleeding. George made his way past the crowd once more, showing no difficulty, no emotion on his face. We finally made it up the hill and the others were relieved to see us.

"LEAH!" Hermione shouted, running towards us with Fred close behind her. "W-what happened to your arm?"

"I-I just got scratched that's all." I said as my feet suddenly gave in and I was left kneeling on the ground in pain.