(22) The Leaky Cauldron

(Last week of August)

We finally arrived in London in front of The Leaky Cauldron. My mum didn't really like it as much. She said it looked haunted and it was way too dusty, but that's my mum. She's a neat freak at times. I'm not much of one, but I like things organized.
Hermione's parents had work today so she carpooled with us. Oh yeah! Hermione has a new cat named Crookshanks who is half-Kneazle. We picked her out when we went to Diagon Alley. Well.. more like Crookshanks picked Hermione. She's wasn't as friendly to Harry, especially Ron. I guess it's like a meant-to-be type of thing. Hermione always wanted a pet. I offered to buy her an owl once, but she said she wanted something else. And behold she gets a cat. Luckily, Crookshanks likes me and I get to pet her all the time. As for the boys.. not so much.
We went in the hotel and was greeted by a very creepy looking hunchback. He looked at my dad (who gave him a hesitant nod), my mum (she hardly made eye contact) and then to me and Hermione.

"Are you miss Granger?" he said with a scratchy voice.

Crookshanks started to squirm in Hermione's arms while hissing at him.

"Yes.." I said giving him a weak smile.

"Right this way then." he said motioning us to enter.

We followed him through the crowded dining area. It was around dinner time already and I was starving. We stopped by the front desk with a tall, stern looking witch behind the counter.

"Name?" she asked not looking up.

"Madam, these are the Grangers." the hunchback said smiling at us.. kinda creepy.

The witch finally looked up and examined Hermione and I then up at my parents.

"Mr. Granger and this my wife. My daughter and my niece." he said sounding casual. "We reserved the biggest room here."

The witch looked around her pile of parchment and took off her glasses.

"Yes, Yohan will show you to your room." she said giving Yohan the key then gave us a big forced smile.

"Right this way, young madams! Let me take your bags!" Yohan said happily taking me and Hermione's trunks.

Yohan led us to the 3rd floor near the end of the west wing where there was a two-framed door. He opened it and the room was no doubt HUGE. It had two queen canopy beds and a long drawer-closet with a big mirror. A night stand in between the beds with a lamp attached to the wall. It wasn't that clean looking with the old bed sheets and curtains, but it was alright.

"I hope this will be comfortable for the young madams." Yohan said placing our trunks near our beds.

"Thank you." Hermione and I said.

"Here is the key, master." he said giving my dad the key.

"Thank you." my dad said as Yohan headed for the door.

"Oh! Dinner is served! Please go down and have some." he said laughing creepily.

"We..we will thank you." my mum said as Yohan left. "I have a bad feeling about this." she said.

"Don't worry, mum. We're going to be with the Weasleys anyway." I said hugging her.

"I'll keep an eye out for her, too." Hermione said looking amused.

"Whatever. Let's go eat! I'm starving!" I said running towards the door while pulling my parents like a little kid.

We headed back down to the dining area. At least it was less crowded now. I was about to sit at an empty table when I felt someone pull me back.