(3) Surprise Party

What is that smell?  I thought to myself as I feel myself wake up. Smells like... toffee and.. smoke?

"AHHHHH!" I shouted getting out of bed as I accidentally stepped on some firecrackers, setting them off.

        I heard laughter from the doorway.  I looked to find two amused looking red heads.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEAH!" They shouted as they devoured me with tight hugs.

"I'm.. going.. to.. hex.. you.. two." I said in between breaths.

"Tut, tut, Leah. No hexing on your birthday." Fred said as he messed up my already messed up hair.

"I can't believe you're 12 already! But still a baby." George smirked.

"Just because you're 14 doesn't mean... wait a minute. WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I said as I realized they were in my room at Hermione's house (Yes, I have my own room at Hermione's and vise versa).

"We came to visit of course!" They said in unison.

"What kind of best friends would we be if we didn't come on your birthday." Fred said.

"But.." I started.

"Come on then wash up! Everyone's waitin' downstairs!" George said as he pushed me in my bathroom.

        I showered and quickly dried myself as I went to my closet.  Thank god I put some of my clothes from my house here.  I poked around for something presentable to wear.

"Come on, there's got to be something in here." I said to myself as I took a blue sun dress out.

"Too tacky.." I said as I lifted the dress to my body in front of the mirror.

       I took out a pink blouse with some blue over-ralls, but eventually put it back because it made me look like I was 8.

"Aha!" I said as I grabbed a beautiful white dress from the back of the closet.

"Wow I don't think I've worn this before.. perfect!" I smiled and put on the dress.

       I twirled around the mirror, checked my hair, sprayed more perfume and finally headed downstairs.

***

       I poked my head out from the stairway and there they were.  Hermione along with uncle and auntie and the Weasleys were all in the drawing room talking amongst themselves; the grown ups sipping tea.  Why do british people drink so much tea?

"There she is!" I heard Ginny call as she came from the kitchen.

       Suddenly all eyes turned to me and just like that I felt my cheeks burn.

"Come on dear, come join us." Mrs. Weasley said as she ushered me down the stairs.

There was silence for a while and then...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU..." the twins sang as everyone else joined in making my cheeks swell.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEAH!" They finished and broke into an applause along with hugs and kisses.

"Happy Birthday Leahna." uncle Wendell said as he gave me a soft kiss on my head.

"You look so grown up." auntie Monica said as she gave me a hug and kiss.

"You're not crying are you?" I said as I looked up at my aunt.

"Of course not. I'm just so happy for you that's all." she sniffed.

"Your mum and dad are so proud of you Leah and they love you very much. Don't ever forget that." my uncle finished as he gave a reassuring smile.

"You look so beautiful my dear." Mrs. Weasley said as she gave me a lung-bursting hug and a kiss.

"Absolutely stunning." Mr. Weasley finished as he softly messed up my hair.

"LEAH!" my ears almost popped as Hermione and Ginny swished me in a hug.

"Wow, I haven't seen that dress yet. It's new?" Hermione asked.

"I think so." I said with an embarrassed smile.

"See you don't even know! Why don't you give me some of your clothes then."

"Ohhh! Can I have this one?" Ginny said trying to take off my dress.

"GINNY!" I shouted laughing as both girls tickled my sides.

"Oyy! Stop before she pukes her lungs out." I heard Ron say.

       I looked up to find Harry and Ron with amused expressions on their faces.

"Happy Birthday Leah." Harry greeted with a hug.

"You look... uhm.." Ron said as he hugged me next.

       I looked up at him and he had a nervous look on his face.. like he ate a bogey flavored bean.

"Ron are you ok?" I asked.

"Uhm... yeah. It's just that you look..beaujdfjkle." he mumbled.

"I look what?"

"You look...uhh.."

"He's trying to say you look bloody fit." I turned around to see Fred and George smirking.

       I gave Ron an 'is that true?' look and he responded with a 'yeah' shrug.  I gave him a thank you hug and went to the twins.

"And that's why you haven't got a girlfriend Ronald." Fred said laughing as he hugged me.

"Why are you so mean to him all the time?" I asked.

"It's our job." they said in unison.

       I rolled my eyes and laughed.  What am I ever going to do with these two?

"Alright everybody! Let's eat up!" my aunt called as she ushered everyone in the dining room.

"No hug for me?" I looked back to find an open-armed George.

I giggled as I allowed myself to be blanketed by his embrace.

"Since when do you giggle?" he asked amused.

"Only when I'm really happy."

"You should be happy. You deserve it."

       I looked up at my best friend. George was a good head taller than me which made it look like I was really short around him.  Whenever I was in his embrace, I always felt happy and safe.. like nothing could ever go wrong.

"Did you do all this?" I asked looking up at him still in his embrace.

"Well.. Fred helped I mean.."

"But you gave him the idea even after I said I didn't want a party." I said with one brow up.

       He gave an embarrassed smile.  Honestly, what am ever I going to do with this prat?
         I shook my head then I buried my face in his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist tighter.

"Thank you." I said my voice cracking as I felt tears in my eyes.

"Did you just thank me? Since when were you ever nice to me? Maybe I should throw more parties for you." he said trying to lighten things up.

"You prick." I said laughing as I looked up at him again.

"Oyy! Come on you two love birds! Hurry up before Ron eats all the food!