(44) The Goblet of Fire

Leah's POV

      We entered the Great Hall and instantly, the familiar surroundings felt nostalgic. I was finally home. I looked up at the cloudy ceiling with little stars poking out of them. I wonder what this year has in store.

"Can you believe that small flying carriage with those pegasi?" Ginny said excitedly as we took a seat at our usual spots.

     The trio in front of us with Ginny between Hermione and Neville. Neville, who was next to Seamus then Dean. I sat between the twins as Angelina came to join us and sat next to Fred and Lee was sitting next to George. Everyone was here and I couldn't help but smile.

"And that huge ship that arose from the black lake!" Hermione added, cheerfully.

"I wonder what's happening this year?!" I said, feeling excited myself.

"I told you something new was goin' to happen." George smiled, gently messing up my hair.

     The first years entered along with Professor McGonagall. The traditional sorting ceremony began as each of the students took their seats at their new houses. When everyone one was sorted, the long-awaited announcement of the headmaster finally started.

"Now that everyone is sorted, I'd like to make an announcement!" Dumbledore said, standing in front of his golden podium. "This castle isn't just going to be your home this year, but also home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen-"

     Suddenly the door opened and out came a.. semi-running, semi-hopping, semi-limping Filch. Everyone's heads followed him as he made his way to the headmaster. Filch was huffin' and puffin' as he grabbed on to his chest in exhaustion. The room couldn't help quietly laugh to themselves.

"What a sight to see." Fred joked as I bit my lip to stop myself from bursting out laughing.

     We watched as Filch and Dumbledore whispered to themselves. Finally, Filch nodded and headed out the door, running-hopping-limping yet again.

"SO! Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event!" Dumbledore continued. "The Triwizard Tournament!"

     As soon as he said that, the room was filled with whispers and excitement.

"What's the Triwizard tournament?" Harry asked.

"Now, for you who don't know.." Dumbledore continued as if answering Harry. "The Triwizard tournament brings together three schools to compete in magical contests from which each school has one member who will be selected to compete."

"Wicked." the twins said in unison.

"Let me be clear." Dumbledore said like a warning. "If chosen, you stand alone.. and trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted."

     I looked at the twins excited faces and my stomach started turning nervously. They want to join, don't they..

"But more of that later." Dumbledore said, his mood completely changing. "For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress, Madam Maxime!"

     The door suddenly opened again and a group of girls smoothly came in like they were flowing in the wind. The boys in the room were all in awe and it obviously irritated some of the girls, especially Hermione. The girls picked up their paces as if they were about to fly.

"Bloody hell." Ron commented, looking at their bums.

     The room was then filled with blue butterflies. I contemplated if I was enjoying their "performance" or dreading it as I looked at the twins expressions. Angelina seemed like she wasn't enjoying it at all and it made me giggle.