(30) He Promised

"Well that was something, huh?" Jai said as I rolled my eyes.

"I thought it would be useful." I said as we headed to Transfiguration class.

Professor Flitwick taught us how to change any object into a different color. It could be useful someday, I mean who knows? Maybe I can even use it for a prank.

"Where in the world would you use that spell?" Jai asked.

"I dunno.." I shrugged.

"If you're thinking for a prank, that's way too easy." he teased, raising his eyebrow.

Dammit. Does he know me already?

I glared at him as he laughed. "I knew it." he said.

"Don't think that you know me well enough just because of that obvious answer."

"Like I said, even if I knew you well enough, I'd still be surprised by you." he smirked as I nudged him.

We turned the corner of the hallway and was greeted by flaming red hair.

"G-george!" I said, almost slamming to his chest.

"Leah?" George's smile quickly turned into a frown as he looked over at Jai. "I thought you were going to meet up with us? I left Fred and Lee to come and find you and you're with him all this time?" he said, looking disappointed. I hate it when he was disappointed..

"George, I told you I still had class. They're advanced ones in the 4th year. He's in my classes." I explained.

"Don't get mad at her, mate. She didn't do anything wrong." Jai said stepping forward.

"I'm not mad!" George said a little too loud, making me jump.

He looked at me with hurt eyes and pulled me to another corner to talk to me privately.

"Leah.. I just-" he whispered.

"It's ok, George. I'll see you in the common room after class. It's just one more period, I promise." I said smiling up at him.

"Ok.." he said, smiling back.

"And George.."

"Yeah?"

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid."

"What do you mean?" he asked as I raised my eyebrow. He knew EXACTLY what I meant. "We'll see." he said playfully as he turned around.

"Georgie, I'm serious." I said, grabbing on to his cloak. "Please."

"Why are you all fussy about him?" he said, putting his hands on his waist.

"I'm not! This isn't for him, it's for me. That's why I'm telling you." I said as he sighed in frustration. "Promise? Please?"

He frowned at me, but it eventually turned into a smirk.

"Weasley!" I shouted, smacking him on the arm.

"Alright! Alright!" he laughed as he played with my hair. "I promise."

"Good." I smiled.

We went back to where we left Jai and he hugged me goodbye.

"Stop showing off." I giggled, whispering in his ear.

"You're worth showing off." he whispered back as I playfully pushed him off.

I waved to him goodbye as he winked to me in return. Jai looked at me with a half annoyed/half amused expression and I couldn't help but laugh at him.

"He's definitely the jealous type isn't he?" he said as we headed to class.

"He's just protective of me. I'm like his little sister." I said, feeling a knot in my stomach.. and not a good one.

"Hmm, you sure about that?" Jai asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah. Just shut up and hurry before we're late to class."

***

"So you're saying you would rather die without being told then have a warning that you will?" Jai asked as we entered the Grand Staircase.

"Yes! How many times do I have to tell you? I don't need to let anyone tell me about what's going to happen in my life." I said, feeling rather annoyed.

After Transfiguration class, I decided to tell Jai about what happened during Divination. Of course I left out the part about the 'Broken Hearts' mumbo jumbo. It was nothing but rubbish. Now, he's spent the last 10 minutes asking questions. What did I get myself into?

"I'm just saying it would have been cool to know a little about your future." Jai said.

"Not from that mad woman." I said, earning a laugh from Jai. "What ever happens, happens.. and for a reason."

"Whatever you say, miss Granger." he teased as we approached the fat lady.

"Password?" she asked with a weird smile.

"Fortuna Major." Jai said.

"You'll need it." she said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked, but the fat lady disappeared, leaving the door slightly open.

"Fortuna Major means 'greater luck' in Latin." I said as Jai walked inside. "I wonder why she would-" I was cut short when a bucket of water fell on Jai's head.

He was drenched. I heard laughter all around the room. I was about to ask if he was ok when suddenly a bucket of flour and eggs fell, followed by another bucket of water. The laughter loudened.

I stood there frozen and felt my mouth shape into an 'O'. I looked around the room and noticed that not everyone was laughing. Neville, Seamus, Ginny, Harry, and Hermione were looking at him with panicked eyes. Dean, Lee, Ron, Fred and most especially George had tears in their eyes from their laughter.

I heard another clicking sound. I looked up and another bucket magically appeared, and it was filled with worms and not just any worms.. Whizzing Worms.

"JAI WATCH OUT!" I screamed as the bucket fell on his head.

And in just seconds the worms bubbled up all over him and the room boomed with cheers.

He promised he wouldn't. He promised..