(7) Quidditch

I waited as Harry and the twins change into their Quidditch gear in their lockers. I sat down on a lower bench in the Quidditch field. Should I try out this year? Maybe. I don't even know if I'm good enough.. If the whole Gryffindor chasers team gets sick and can't try out then maybe I have a chance! Ha! Less likely to happen..
I snapped out of my thoughts as I watched some Gryffindor 6th year boys practice. I guess new people are trying out. I look to my left and find two 1st years practice on their beginner brooms. Yeah, I don't think they will get in. I thought to myself as one of the boys kick off the ground. The broom left a couple inches from the ground when his it suddenly dropped, making him fall.

"Cool eh?" I heard a voice say as I turn around to a smirking George. "I love it when 1st years try out, even though they already know they can't get in. At least they try."

"What are you getting at, Weasley?" I said crossing my arms.

"He means you should try out!" a similar voice say as Fred and Harry walk up to us.

"I'll let you borrow some of my equipment if you want. Where's the broom I got you?" Harry said.

"Uhh.. in the lockers." I said as Harry gives me a 'well, go get it' look.

I sighed and ran off to get my broom from the lockers. I suddenly ran into someone.

"Oh, watch out!" I look up to find Alicia Spinnet glaring down at me.

"S-sorry!" I blurred out, half smiling.

"Oh hey, Leah." I heard a voice say and I find Angelina Johnson smiling at me.

"H-Hi." I just said and went around Alicia to grab my broom.

"Woah, is that a Nimbus 2000?" Alicia asked smiling now.

"Yeah, Harry gave it to me for my birthday." I smiled back.

"Are you trying out tomorrow?" Katie Bell asked.

"Uhm.. I don't know yet." I said smiling nervously.

"What position?" Angelina asked as all three girls looked interested.

"Uhh.." I started, but was interrupted when Oliver Wood came in.

"Oi! Are you three going to practice or not?" Wood said as the three grabbed their brooms.

"We've been practicing ALL WEEK, Wood." Alicia complained.

"I don't care if you've practiced ALL SUMMER! Just cause you were in the team last year doesn't mean you're guaranteed a spot." Oliver said looking irritated.

"Yeah, yeah." Katie rolled her eyes as she made her way to the door, only to be blocked.

"Oi, Granger! Are you going out there or not?" Fred called as the twins entered the locker room.

"Granger? You're trying out?" Wood asked looking surprised with an amused smile.

"Well.. I guess." I said feeling my cheeks turn hot.

"You any good?" Wood said as I noticed everyone was looking at me.

I was about to respond when..

"GOOD? She's not just good." Fred started.

"She's BRILLIANT!" George finished as the twins smirk at me and the girls look half annoyed, half surprised.

"Wait! I'm not-" I tried to protest.

"Really? You don't look like the type. What's wrong? Read all the books in the library?" Wood said teasing, making the girls look amused.

Wow, this guy can be really over his head. No wonder he's the captain. Time to have a little fun..

"Watch your tongue, Wood. I just may try out for keeper and knock your ass off your broom." I said earning a laugh from everyone especially the twins, and a shocked expression from Wood.

"I like her already!" I heard Katie say as I made my way out the locker room.