(9) Mudblood

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher... me." Professor Lockhart started as he came out from his office. "Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award. But I don't talk about that; I didn't get rid of the Banden Banshee by smiling at him." he continued as me and Hermione sighed in awe. "What I'm about to show you.. I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them!" he shouted as he removed the cloth from the cage.

"Ha! Cornish Pixies?" Seamus said.

"Freshly caught Cornish Pixies!" Professor Lockhart said as Seamus laughed. "These little creatures can be dangerous.. let's see how you make of them!" he said as he opened the cage door and the pixies flew out into the room.

It was complete chaos! The pixies were ripping books, breaking furniture and even picked up Neville by the ears and hung him on the chandelier! Everyone ran out of the room and soon it was only me, Hermione, Harry, Ron and of course... Neville.

"Ouch, get off me!" Hermione shouted as Harry got rid of the pixie in her hair by hitting it with a book.

"Ouchhh!" I shouted as one of the pixies dropped a broken glassed globe on me, creating a huge cut on my arm.

"Peskipiksi Pesternomi!" I heard Professor Lockhart chant, but the pixies took his wand and dropped the dinosaur bones on the floor, breaking it. "I'll just ask you four to nip them back into their cage." he said as he escaped into his office.

We all looked at each other in shock as we kept hitting the pixies with our books.

"What do we do now?" Ron shouted.

Hermione and I looked at each other and stood up. Grabbing our wands from our robes, we shouted "Immobulus!" and all the pixies froze in the air and were slowly drifting.

"Why is it always me?" Neville asked and we smiled in amusement.

***

We eventually got Neville off the chandelier, but my wound was deeper than I thought it was. Harry, Ron and Hermione insisted I went up to the hospital wing, but I refused. I never did like taking medicine, I usually just let the wound heal by itself.

"You're bleeding, Leah." Hermione said as we headed towards the common room.

"I'll be fine." I said as finally reached the portrait.

"Wattlebird." Harry said and we went in the portrait hole.

"Please, just go to Madam Pomfrey." Hermione said blocking me.

"Hermione, I'm fine!" I said but I soon felt a little dizzy.

"No you're not, Leah. Come on we'll go with you." Ron said but I pushed them out of the way and nearly fell as I felt weak.

"Leah, what's wrong?" I looked up to who caught me and found a worried looking George.

"I'm.. I'm fine." I said straightening up.

"What happened to your arm?" I heard Fred ask as he tried to examine my arm, but I pulled it away.

"Nothing." I said as I tried to go up to the dormitories.

"Leah! Please." I stopped as I heard Hermione's worried voice.

I turned around and found everyone looking at me with worried faces.

"George, can you please talk some sense into her?" Ron said.

"What makes you think I'll listen to him?" I said feeling irritated because I suddenly had a headache.