(13) It's Just a Hobby

Back in the common room, there were a couple of 3rd years and 5th years studying, and Seamus and Dean were playing wizard's chess while Neville watched.  Seamus looked up and he waved. I waved back, but I quickly walked towards the stairs so I didn't get to smile or react to him which made him frown.

"Leah! Where are you going?" I heard a voice call as I stepped on the first step.

"Where does it look like? The girls dormitory duh." I said bluntly to George as Fred sat next to Lee who was on the couches.

"You're not mad at me are you?" George asked as he grabbed my arm, spinning me around.

        Am I mad at him? Kinda. Well.. not really. But he didn't need to be so protective of me.  I was going to tell Woo- .. Oliver that I wasn't allowed anyways.  Plus, I had other stuff to think about like the polyjuice potion. Which reminds me.. I have to switch off with Hermione tomorrow. She finally found a place to make it; in a bathroom she said.

"Well, are you?" I look up to find a worried George. I gave a big sigh and shook my head.

"Are you sure?" he asked half smiling.

"Do you want me to get mad at you?" I said giving a small amused smile.

He shook his head and smiled as he pulled me into a hug. George, being way taller than I was, had his arms wrapped around my shoulders and mine around his waist.

"I was just worried." he said as I felt the warmth of his breath on my ears making me tingle.

"Worried about what?" I asked looking up at him.

"I don't know.. that you actually fancied Wood." he said shrugging.

"So what if I did?" I said half teasing.

"But you said that he gets on your nerves sometimes!"

"Sometimes! That doesn't mean I don't think he's fit and-"

"You think he's fit?" he yelled as I covered his mouth with my hands.

"Shhh! I'm teasing! I mean, yeah, he gets on my nerves, but so what? You get on my nerves, but I still like you.. sometimes." I said smirking at him and he gave me his pretend hurt expression.

"Watch it, Granger." he said as he poked my nose.  He always did that.. If Fred always messes up my hair, George always pokes my nose.

"Stop doing that!" I yelled trying to get out of the hug, but he held me tighter.

"Make me." he said as he continued to poke my nose.

"Oii! Take it upstairs you two!" Fred shouted and winked as George and I glared at him.

        The next couple of weeks felt like months.  Hermione and I took turns finishing up the polyjuice potion in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom.  Professor Lockhart started a dueling club.  On our first meeting, he made Harry duel Malfoy and it wasn't pretty. Malfoy pulled out a snake out of his wand and Harry talked to it.. in parseltongue! Now the whole school probably thinks he's related to Salazar Slytherin.

        I was seated next to Harry in homeroom and Hermione and Ron were in front of us.  I know people were looking at Harry from behind us and I hear a lot of whispers.  Harry keeps leaning back, but I told him to ignore it.  I continue doing my work as Harry close his book.

"I'll see you in the common room." He said as Hermione, Ron and I gave him small smiles.

***

(Back in the common room around 12 a.m.)