(4) Lemuria

"Alright everybody, I think it's time for presents!" my uncle announced as everyone finished up their food (except for Ron who started his 4th plate with a disgusted Hermione next to him).

"Do. You. Ever. Stop. Eating." Hermione said as she hit Ron with her table napkin.

       We all made our way into the drawing room where a pile of gifts were on the coffee table.

"Oh, you all didn't have to-" I started.

"Of course we did my dear! A girl only turns 12 once." Mrs. Weasley said as she gave me a warm smile.

"I want to go first!" Ginny said as she handed me a purple wrapped box.

       I opened it to find a sea green sketch book buried in different colored pencils and pens.

"Oh Ginny.." I said as I looked at her.

"That way you can draw more.  I've seen your drawings last year.  I don't know why you hide it, they're amazing."

"Ginny, thank you and don't worry you'll be my first drawing." I winked as I gave her a quick hug.

"Good! I thought you were going to draw George cause that's what you mostly-" right then I tightened my hug on her.

"Right! Who's gift is this blue-green one?" I said trying not to blush.

"Mine." Fred said with a laugh.

        I opened it up to find probably a months supply of Zonko's merchandise.

"Thanks Freddie." I said smiling up at him.

         I opened the rest of my presents.  Mrs. Weasley gave me an emerald colored sweater with the letter 'L', Mr. Weasley gave me a free pass to the subway with a buy one take one coupon from my favorite muggle bookstore (ohh Mr. Weasley), my aunt and uncle gave me a photo album with most of my pictures since I was a child, Hermione gave me three advanced potions books (I loved potions), Ron gave me a month supply of candies and chocolates, Percy gave me a letter saying that I can have any favor from him as long as it wasn't breaking any rules (wow) and guess what Harry gave me?

"Harry! A Nimbus 2000?!" I couldn't believe it.  I was holding a Nimbus 2000, my Nimbus 2000.

"Well, what did I tell you last year?  I really think you can get in the team. If you've tried out as a chaser, you would have gotten in." Harry said as I gave him a tight hug.

"I'm not THAT good." I said blushing.

"Not yet, but you have potential. Promise me you'll try out this year?"

"Harry! Katie, Alicia not to mention Angelina are mad chasers! I can't beat them.."

"I won't really say anything, but I think you can knock one of them off." Harry said checking Fred and George's faces if they agreed and to his luck, they looked amused.

"But-" I started to protest again.

"There's no harm in trying, Leah." Harry said winking. "So practice. Don't put my present to waste." he said with puppy dog eyes.

"Ohh.. alright."

       There was actually no harm in trying and I'll be honest.. I wanted to be in the team ever since last year.

"Thank you everyone, these are wonderful.  Thanks for making this one of the best birthday's ever." I said as they clapped.

       I was about to clean up the gift wrappers when someone covered my eyes.