(19) Best Friends

Hermione, Ginny and I headed up to the girls dormitory to start packing our stuff. I took out my trunk from under my bed and started folding up my clothes.

"Wow Leah, you really need to be more organized." Hermione said as she looked in my trunk.

"Are you all set, Ginny?" I asked ignoring Hermione.

"Yeah, I packed up this morning." Ginny said giving an amused smile at Hermione's grumpiness.

"Uhm, Leah." I heard someone say as they entered the room; Lavender Brown and Pavarti Patil.

"Lavender, hello." I said smiling at the both of them.

"Uhmm.." they both say as they giggled.

I looked at Ginny and Hermione and we all had that confused expression.

"Well, just go on with it." Ginny said looking irritated and I tried to bite back my smile.

"George is looking for you." Lavender said looking all giddy.

"Yeah, he said to meet him up at his room." Pavarti finished as the two of them giggled again.

"Well, you can tell him that she's busy because she has to pack." Hermione said glaring at me.

I rolled my eyes at her and Ginny giggled.

"Thanks girls." I said as Lavender and Pavarti left looking annoyed at Hermione.

"You are seriously not going to go up there. You need to pack!" Hermione said crossing her arms.

"Come on, Hermione. I won't be long. I can pack later." I said as I winked at Ginny before heading upstairs.

*George's POV*

Ok. How do I tell her? Do I just say it directly or do I bring up something else first? Argh, Fred playing as Leah didn't help at all and Lee's advice didn't even make any sense. How am I supposed to-

My thoughts were interrupted as someone entered the room.

"Hey." Leah said as she jumped on my bed full of clothes.

"Always feeling at home I see." I said laughing.

"Where's Fred and Lee?" she asked.

"They're done packing and Fred wanted to do some last minute pranking." I said as I placed more clothes in my trunk.

I sat on my bed and I felt her sit up behind me.

"What's up?" she said as she sat next to me.

Ok. Here we go. Leah, I like you. Yeah..

"Leah-"

"Wait." she said as she covered my mouth with her finger. "I.. I just want to say something."

"Ok.." I nodded as I felt my heart beat faster.

"George.. I just want to say sorry." she started and I guess I looked shocked judging by her amused face. "I know I can be a prick myself sometimes, but recently I've been thinking. You and Fred are my best friends and I couldn't ask for better best friends. I'm lucky to have you, and I just want to let you know that I will always be here for you. And I hope that we don't fight anymore.. I don't think I can lose my best friend." she finished.

We were silent for a while. I guess she was waiting for my reply, but I honestly didn't know what to say.

"George?" she said giving me a small smile.

"Best friends. We'll always be best friends, huh?" I said trying to smile without it looking fake.

"Always." she said as she hugged me. "So what were you going to say?"