22. She's leaving Home

Gone Baby Gone

David burst into Grove Road and tore upstairs, as quickly as his legs would take him. He knew what he would find in Fiona's room but he had to be sure. The room was bare. No letter, no mixtape. All her things had gone. He ran from room to room checking for any sign that she was there or clue to where she had gone to. Bill made a cup of tea and filled Dan, Richard and Emlyn in on what happened at the wedding.

"You know what's funny? The Thursday before you all left for the wedding, she loaded her car about ten times." Dan mused. "I thought she was clearing out for Boston moving in. She told me she was off to Oxfam with a load of stuff."

"What did you do this time?", Richard asked grabbing a biscuit from the tin plonking into the chair next to Dan.

"Nothing, it was all great, we had a great time, then she just up and left." David shook his head. He was truly at a loss.

"We spoke with her ex and that's what she did with him. Just up and left. Vanished." Bill sighed. He looked up and saw the rest of the housemates looking at him expectantly.

"Oh god no! Don't look at me like that! Heather actually didn't know this time. She is absolutely not going to crack. Perhaps..., you could both try your girlfriends?" he pointed to Richard and Dan.

"Nope she is my fiancée now, I will give her a crack but I can't promise!" Richard grinned.

"Goodness me! You too...?" David slapped Richard on the back. He was happy for Richard. He saw it coming with Lyn. Richard was always a little more one man woman than the rest of them.

"Yup two down - I need to ask Ninj to fix me up," Emms sighed, "that is if I saw her of course." He scrunched up has face. He let it out of the bag. His nuts would be in a bag left outside for the squirrels. Emlyn dropped his gaze and returned to reading the paper. He felt the eyes of everyone in the room staring at him. He looked up. "Shit! She said she would castrate me if I blabbed."

"Blab." David said flatly in his I am not angry, absolutely furious voice.

"Shiiiit," Emlyn looked at his shoes, "look, I saw her today. Of all places, I saw her charging across the garden from the path at the back towards Jilly's. I shouted out of the window did she want a cuppa and she just froze. I kind of asked what the problem was and she came to the window and sort of gave an explanation and a goodbye."

"What?" They all said in unison, staring at Emlyn.

"She said she was going away at the end of the month, she was heartbroken over lover boy here and that she would be in touch but to kind of say goodbye to everyone." He nodded to David.

"Did she say where she was staying?" David asked. He needed to know.

"Nope, she said not to look either. I suppose she was saying goodbye to Jilly." Emlyn completely missed out that he actually saw her when he was leaving Jilly's this afternoon. He and Jilly had just finished a cracking morning of carnal lust filled pleasure when Fiona knocked on Jilly's door.

"Then let's speak to Jilly shall we?" David left the kitchen and ran outside to Jilly's flat. He battered on the door for a few minutes until he heard Jilly sigh and open the door.

"Ah, the wanderer has returned!" She stood with a glass of rose wine in her hand. "What can I do for you, Boston?"

"Where is she?" He pleaded.

"Not telling," she answered flatly. David opened his mouth to speak and she raised her hand to quieten him. "Don't waste your breath. I have been asked not to tell, so I am not and that is that. Also, let's be fair Boston you have been a total knob, she is not the type to do that to is she?" Jilly laid it out on the line.