8 Jealous Guy

Fiona and Bill chatted in the car on the way home from dropping Heather at the airport. They chatted about football and rugby, anything apart from Heather. Fiona guessed that Bill wanted to stay on a neutral subject matter until he gained his composure. On their return home, they met Dan and Emlyn in the kitchen having tea and toast before bed.

"You two have had a hell of a weekend!" Dan laughed at Bill and Fiona offering them toast from the pile he had made.

"I have never met a woman like her." Bill shook his head and laughed, "Sorry to say this in your earshot Ninj but she is the greatest shag I have ever had!"

Fiona howled laughing and grabbed a slice of toast from Dan, "That makes two of us this weekend, same for me with Josh, only you get to see Heather again if you want."

"True, she gave me her number." he took the piece of paper from his back pocket, "I will be sure to call it tomorrow at 7 15 as instructed. Not a minute early and not a minute late!" Bill kissed the paper and returned it to his jeans as Dan, Emlyn and Fiona laughed at the spectacle of Bill giddy about a girl.

"Hells Bells. Who knew!" laughed Emlyn, "Grab that calendar and write down this as a red letter day. Bill O'Reilly is calling a woman back!"

"I am totally gobsmacked. I didn't think he knew how to take a woman's number down, never mind dial it!" Dan laughed.

"Oh, you are one to talk Dan.'" both Emlyn and Fiona said in unison.

"What!" Dan feigned surprise.

"You have been mooning about that girl Nikki, taking her for dinner and nights at the theatre." Emlyn ribbed him.

"Richard cracked in the pub the other night and let slip that you were falling for her!" Fiona explained as Dan tried to regain his composure. He was blushing from the roots of his hair to his neck.

"She is a great girl and takes no shit, I quite like that in a weird way." Dan smiled, "So different from the city girls."

"Young love!" Fiona mocked, "I am off to bed to catch up on sleep!" She took a glass of water from the kitchen and trudged up the stairs. Happy and exhausted from her night with Josh.

Each of the housemates said their good nights and Fiona made to go to bed. David was in the bathroom and she waited until he was finished. As she passed him on the landing and said goodnight he looked at her in the same judging manner he had over lunch.

"Boston, what is your problem?" she sighed waiting for him to berate her for the lack of sleep. She was ready for him with a few witty retorts about her constantly being the injured party in that argument.

"Ninj I don't have a problem," he said coolly passing her on the landing avoiding her gaze. He was lost for words. How do you tell someone that you are really angry with them for having sex, really great sounding sex, with someone else when you have no claim on them.

"Whatever you think darling," she called after him. Stomping into the bathroom for good measure. She was fuming. Clearly, he was the huffy sort and she just wanted to get the fight out of the way. He had a total cheek getting mad at her. The times she had to literally put a pillow over her head to drown the noise out was innumerable.

"Yeah," he turned to face her "you are a real one of the guys!" he turned to go to his room. Fiona rolled her eyes and went into the bathroom. She went into her room and she could hear David pacing next door. After ten minutes she heard a knock at her door.

"Ok, come in Boston." she pulled up her covers on her bed and gestured for him to sit next to her. Right, she thought. I have you now. Witty remarks 1,2,3 and 4 in the torpedo hatch ready for launch.

"I am sorry about that comment Ninj, I don't know what it is, I have no right to judge you. I mean I have practically slept with the whole of London, but I can't help it, I feel betrayed. I always thought if anyone would nail you it would be me."

"Boston! I am insulted in ten different ways by that statement!" she shook her head. This was not the fight she had prepared for. Indeed she was a little lost for words, "If we are going to stay friends you are going to have to tread very carefully." she sighed and sat up in her bed, "I don't know if this is the exhaustion or the elation talking but don't you think I feel the same about when you have a woman next door?" Where did that come from she asked herself? Did she really think that?

David moved to the other side of her bed and lay next to her. So she felt the same about him. He wasn't sure of his next move but he heard her say she had feelings when he was with someone else? This was not the conversation he thought he was going to have.

"I am not sure I can take much more of your flirting at this level David." Fiona broke the silence eventually.

"You know they mean nothing, don't you. I mean Mr seven orgasms last night, you know that is not normal, right? I mean I was gonna set up a drip for the guy this morning, you must have taken all of the available fluid out of him." David thought best to break the tension with a bit of humour. Fiona laughed with him when he said it.

"One of my orgasms I was fully clothed and so was he. Did you count?" she laughed. Did he count? Was he in the room when she was begging Josh for more? Fiona blushed at the thought.

"Oh, that guy needs to give us all a chance man! Can you show me how?" David moved over closer to her.

"Now, now Boston, there is a line, even in the pursuit of science I am not crossing." Oh good, grief Fiona thought. She couldn't take any more of the flirting. Her resistance was dropping.

"You know the mental picture I have of you in your little dress is now in the top 10 of my wank bank." David smiled his million dollar drop your pants smile.

"If it is any consolation, any time you wear that Patriots Tshirt I swear I am insensible for hours after." Fiona knew his game and served back a verbal volley that made David sit back.

They both laughed. David lay on her bed looking at the ceiling. Lost in his thoughts.

"What are we going to do Boston?" she sighed, "I am not ready for you, I am too fragile after Paul. I am afraid that you will smash my heart to smithereens." She thought best, to be honest with him. She didn't want to be another notch on his bed post.

"Well you can have wild sex with strangers every six months and I can bang my PRN when you are over that prick Paul and when everyone moves out of the house we can get it on." David thought that was a well-measured plan.

"No, be serious David! We are friends and that is special. You need to be looking for someone who isn't impressed with the outward package." she pointed to his body, "Or here is a thing, why don't you develop a personality and try to keep it in your pants with one woman for a change."

"You think I am so shallow that I have never been in a relationship before don't you?" he rolled over to face her.

"Well you do give off that vibe." she looked at him seriously.

"You are not the only one to have a broken heart Ninj, I have spent the last ten years getting over mine, don't take that long or you will be middle aged and fat. No-one will want to bang you then." David grinned and made to sit up.

"Leave my room!" she mock roared. She watched him leave and pondered David with a broken heart and who managed to do it. She decided to find out as much as she could from the rest of the house. She lay on her bed and allowed herself to wonder if being with David would be so bad after all.

David lay in his room thinking of Fiona. Thinking that she had said she fancied him. In his Patriots T-shirt. He must call his mother to get some more.

Thoughts on David being jealous?

Have they admitted their feelings for each other?