24 Violence is the Answer

Bill heard his bedroom door open, he inhaled the waft of bacon cooking in the kitchen.

"It's a dream, Ninj is back and she is making me breakfast!" He groaned at whoever opened the door, "Get me an Alka stat!"

Dan laughed, "Mate it's 10 am, Jilly is making the breakfast, we need to be at the ground for 11 or we will miss playing. You also need to chat to Boston. I think he and Ninj had a fight last night. He is in a bastard of a mood."

"Oh, that is a lot of information for a man in my condition to process without chemicals Deadly, Alka please." Bill opened one eye and surveyed the mayhem of his room. He had no idea how he was going to play today.

"Alka will be in the kitchen now shake a leg, Paddy." Dan backed out of the room. Mission accomplished.

Bill picked his kit up off the chair and dressed slowly not to make any sudden movements which may hasten a fall or a vomit. He carefully shuffled into the kitchen. Jilly was cooking bacon on a production line and the lads all sat stuffing their faces.

"Oh Bill, thank the good lord you are here!" Jilly smiled when she saw him. "I spoke to Heather this morning, all fine. She says to call her from the pub after you have won this afternoon. I spoke to your mother, she says not to call her until you are completely sober, so I suggested Tuesday, is that ok with you poppet?"

Bill nodded his head whilst gulping down the Alka Seltzer Dan had given him. "Anything else?"

"Yes," Jilly came over and whispered in his ear, "you might want to talk to the Yank when he has calmed down, he is in a bad way."

"Oh God!" Bill groaned, "I take it loves young dream isn't back on?"

"Indeed it is not!" David came into the kitchen, out of breath from a run. "Women! I am officially not interested in anything beyond meaningless sex ever, ever, ever again!"

Jilly and Bill exchanged glances. Bill looked at Jilly pleadingly. Jilly rolled her eyes and went over to David.

"Quite right darling! Terrible, terrible thing having sex with someone you like. Not worth it in the long run." she looked at David and saw the hurt in his face.

Jilly grabbed him and gave him a cuddle. She pulled away and looked at him.

"Now go and have a shower get ready to grapple other fine young men and chase odd shaped balls around the park. I will meet you in the pub later and we can eye up the next willing victims together. What do you say to that?"

"Sounds great," David said flatly, leaving the room to go upstairs for a shower.

"Three weeks, that is it, she will be gone and he will get better, I promise!" Jilly said out loud to no one in particular.

Later that afternoon, Jilly met Nikki and Lyn in the Stargazey for the next round of Bill's Stag Night/Weekend. Jilly brought over the bottle of wine to the table and saw the glances exchanged between Nikki and Lyn.

"Ok girls, what's up?" Jilly asked, lighting a cigarette.

"Oh, where to start." Nikki laughed, "There is some shit going on with Boston and we need to get to the bottom of it."

"Why," Jilly asked taking a drag on her cigarette, "he was perfectly heartbroken this morning when I saw him. Has he gone and topped himself or something?"

"Or something." Lyn laughed, "We went to the match today. All of the lads were so hungover. Richard had to puke on the touchline ten minutes in...," Nikki poked her in the side to keep her on track with the story, "anyway the game was between Chelsea and the Royal Free. That anaesthetist Fiona was getting off with before Boston, was on the other side..,"