•F E V E R• J.P

My fingers fumbled as I called Joel to come back home.

"Hey babe what's wrong?" He answered after a couple seconds.

I had a lump in my throat but I managed to tell him that our baby had a high temperature.

"Please come back home Joel little joelito has a high fever I don't know what to do," I whimpered.

Our little baby was in the crib crying and wiggling trying to be picked up by me.

"I'm on my way. I'm calling la abuela to see if she can help us. Stay calm princess, it'll be okay," he tried to calm me down over the phone. It worked a bit and I managed to pick up little Joel from the crib.

"Okay okay hurry please..."

After fifteen minutes of agony and not knowing what to do with little Joel his father burst in with his grandma.

"Señora que hago," I cried a bit walking over to them with little Joel in my arms. "Do we take him to the hospital?"

"No te preocupes mi niña. No hay por qué ir a hospital," she said patting my back. Translation : don't worry my girl. There's no need to go to the hospital.

Joel hugged me from behind trying to calm me down but I wouldn't be calm until my baby didn't have a fever anymore. Joel's grandma led us to the bathroom where she undressed the baby and opened the water.

"Wh- are you going to give little Joel a bath?" I asked trying to figure out. Joel was behind me patting my back trying to soothe me.

"Si. When the baby has a fever you need to bathe him with lukewarm water."

After bathing him she dressed little Joel. I felt glad that my little baby was cooling down a bit. I didn't even want to dare think I could lose my 7 month old baby.

"Go get a small towel and wet it with normal water. Just enough to make it damp."

I did as I was told, Joel following me from behind. "I want to help you mi amor. He's our child." Joel leaned in to kiss me but I told him now wasn't the time.

After that Joel's grandma asked me if he has been hydrated. "Yeah he just drank a bottle of milk before you guys came. What else do we do?"

"Medecina. Motrin? Advil? Do you have any of that?"

I nodded heading towards the first aid kit which had Motriz for adults and kids.

"Just a bit. Only a tiny bit, no more," Joel's grandma instructed.

After two hours of checking in on little Joel he had actually cooled down and the fever was gone. I picked him up and carried him in my arms.

"My little baby," I cried. "Te amo mucho" I kissed his head and he was still asleep.

Joel came from behind and gave me his famous hug. "I love both of you," he said.

"Thank you. I can't thank you so much," I said to Joel's grandmother.

She smiled stepping forward and hugging me. "De nada," then she held her great grandson in her arms.

Then Joel pulled me into a hug, both of us were glad that our child was better.

"Is it time now for that kiss?" Joel asked smirking.

"Always," I replied leaning in.

******

Agahahah well I wrote this because yesterday my sister had a fever and I really didn't know what to do until I asked Google because my parents went to the store omgg bad timing huh ):

But anyways my little sister is better now. (She's 2) and so yeah and then I chose to write about a Joel imagine because there was thus pic of Joel and a baby heheh

But yeah if you liked it vote and comment (: 💙