❣Joel❣

A/N this is the continuation of 'Flores' so if you haven't read that one first, please do ツ .
Here goes I hope you all enjoy this, get ready. Brb while I take a whiz😂

****

❝Don't give me up, don't give me up cuz what about angels. ❞

****

I woke up three months later with a slight headache as I walked down to the kitchen where breakfast was being served. I saw Joel sitting there as I smiled politely and then looked over to my dad.

'Wait did I just say I saw Joel sitting there?' I mentally asked myself. I looked back again at the chair to see if I was hallucinating but he was actually there, sitting in front of me with a big bright smile.

"Joel!" I chirped before jumping into his arms joyfully. "What are you doing here?" I cried a bit into his arms just like the last time we saw each other.

"I pinky promised you I would come back," grinned Joel. He then put me down and I sat across from him to eat breakfast. I didn't want to let Joel go at all but I couldn't be all cuddly in front of my parents with Joel.

"I'm glad you're happy again mija," My dad smiled looking at my mother and I.

"Of course I am! Joel came back alive and he'll never have to go back," I munched on my breakfast sandwich. Everyone got silent again which only meant the worst. "No! Joel please don't tell me you're going back."

He held my hands into his. "I'm can't just drop out. The war isn't over yet and you know that clearly," he remarked.

I bit back some sniffles until I was alone with Joel outside the front porch. We sat looking at each other until he sighed and began talking about war.

"It's tough getting up early and practicing, it's scary even when it's just a drill. I wish I could never go back but I have to," he sighed.

"I don't want to talk about war," I said silently looking at the flowers in front of my porch.

"I have to ask you a question," Joel said.

I stopped looking at the flowers for a second to look at Joel. "What is it?" I breathed.

"Do you want to have kids?" He asked.

"Of course! You know I do and I love children dearly," I replied smiling. "Why are you asking me this? You know me."

"Because I do too and when I leave for war I would like to come back and see the love of my life carrying a mini me," Joel smiled shy-fully. He looked up at me to ask me silently if I wanted to. I nodded my head yes smiling my face off.

"Of course."

"Come on," said Joel pulling me towards his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked standing up and following him into his leather smelling car.

"Follow me."

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

Two weeks later Joel left again for the military while he left me with my family.