chapter twenty-one

"Red, white, blue is in the sky. Summer's in the air and baby heaven's in your eyes. I'm your National Anthem"
National Anthem ~Lana Del Rey

After the beach the squad all set up a night time bonfire outside my Rhode Island's balcony. We sat and talked for hours until we decided to retire to bed. Tomorrow was a big day, I was extremely excited.
I led Tom with me to my bedroom where the two of us would be staying due to the fact I had practically run out of space thanks to my enormous guest list. I could never have been happier though. That was until I decided to see what the world had to say about the whole situation. I was not tired and had been scrolling through tumblr before we left for my room. Sadly one of my all time favorite pastimes now always left me feeling awful and depressed. I guess I should just start avoiding the thing.
"Normally the world would throw all those negative shots at me. I had no idea they would be shooting so hard at you." I said to Tom wanting to vent my frustrations.
I always knew the men I dated often got a handful of hate because of me but never this much. The tabloids were going so far on him saying crazy things like he lost all his dignity and respect and fans even. I could not help but feel horribly to blame.
"Look at me." He said as he used his finger to tilt my chin up so I would look in his loving eyes.
"Does it look like I care? I'm rich and famous and a grown ass man. Does it look like I live to please the media? I love being with you, and nothing could ever steal that away from me."
I laughed. Maybe he was just saying that to make me feel better. I wanted to believe him. I did desperately. But I knew how destructive that stuff could be. Maybe it had not gotten to his head yet. But soon he would see it as a threat to his career and realize I was not worth it. They all did. Sooner of later.
He knew my thoughts were still troubled.
"What can I do to prove to you that?" He said almost longingly.
"Just stay. Always." 
He wrapped me in his arms his shirt still damp from the water. We were sitting alone in my bedroom. I was supposed to be changing but as always I was distracted.
  "A lot of people thought you made a complete fool of yourself today. It frustrates me, how mean they are to you... You don't deserve it."
"I'm not letting what random teenagers say behind a screen bother me and neither should you. And we probably did look ridiculous today but everyone tossed by the ocean waves does."
  "You do look pretty ridiculous in that tank top that's half your size." I laughed it was amazing how he was able to alter my entire mood.
"I know I wonder who made me wear it!" He snapped jokingly and threw the top off his head effortlessly. After that he playfully pinned me to the bed and I pulled him closer for a much awaited kiss.  
"That was for all those shallow minds who think we are a PR stunt." He mumbled and then kissed me again.
"And that is to show you exactly how much I adore you."
He spoke in between kisses. I could barely concentrate on our make out as I was smiling and laughing like an idiot beneath in his lips.
                                  *****
I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. He must have risen early. I quickly dressed and headed downstairs. Today was the day. The Fourth of July. I simply could not contain my excitement.
The day went just as planned. I kept most of the activities inside my home knowing better than to go outside where swarms of camera awaited me. The giant pool slide was a bigger success than I could ever have imagined. Plenty of photos were taken, face painting was done to the extreme, the day was probably one of the best days ever. And what made it more better was I had all my closest friends at my side. I was so happy to delight in this crazy fun holiday with all of them.

//
Short chapter I know I'm sorry. I did not have much to say though because well the pictures did all the talking lol. Enjoy