Chapter 4

(Sorry for the lag time in updates, currently finishing up the next chapter of my main story, "Guardian of the Lost Angel  Book 1: Childhood Misfortunes" Thank you for the reads, votes, and comments. Enjoy) 

        Beast Boy's POV

       I felt the heat burning on my face and salty waters moving me; as a shock, I woke up "RAVEN?!?! AHH!" I noticed her still in my arms as we were on a tropical island that had resources to live off of in case we ran out of food or fresh water, some of our bags were by us on the shore. I carefully looked down not to wake up Raven, her face had some slight damage but her clothes were damp from the water. I got up with sore muscles and bruises from taking all the damage from the drowning ship; carefully laid her down as I pulled in the small row boat that we managed to get in before the entire ship blew up in flames and sank to the bottom of the sea. A few minutes after I set up camp and shelter and a place to dry out my clothes from the water damage, Raven woke up with a slight headache. "Ugh... where are we?" She noticed how badly my body took all the damage besides her by the scratches and bruises I cleaned up and bandaged earlier while she slept.

"You can stop worrying. I'll manage, but in the meantime, you should drink water." She stayed silent as I gave her a fresh cold water bottle from a cooler that came with my luggage. I felt like being watched as she looked at how badly wounded I was and frowned that she wasn't awake to help me. "Hey" I walked up to her and lifted her chin up, noticing the tears in her eyes, and smiled as I gently wiped them away. "Everything is going to be okay as long as we are both here together, we can get through this." I kissed her forehead gently as she smiled. "Did you try using the communicators at least?" she noticed the communicators taken apart in a small empty jar filled with rice that I found in an underground storehouse on the island. "Yeah, but with the amount of water damage they both got, I had to take them apart to get them dry. Are you hungry?" She didn't even answer because her stomach growled before she said anything. I laughed as her face got heated up and tossed her water bottle at me, grabbing it before hitting me in the eye.

Raven's POV

            After washing up and combing my hair out from the knots, I couldn't keep my eyes off of Garfield's large bandages and bruises on his upper chest. "If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be here with him on the island and probably lost at sea." I shook my head from the thought. Then it hit me just now, "Wait a minute, he didn't do a body check on me did he!?" I blushed as a shiver went down my back, as a weird feeling in my stomach came all at once. It felt so weird that I had feelings for someone like him, despite all of his pranks and jokes that he tried to get a laugh out of me. I only thought of him as an annoying brat back at the tower, but the circumstances that we are facing right now made me notice another version of Beast Boy's personality... Caring, mature and responsible. I was lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize that he had his arms wrapped around my waist and smiling down at me as he placed a tropical lily in my hair. As I looked up into his green eyes, feeling heat peak up at my cheeks again. Only our noses touching, he cleared his throat, "Hey, you doing okay? You've been standing here for the past 15 minutes and the food is getting cold." I got lost in his eyes, without thinking I gave him a peck on his lips and smiled, "Yeah just worried about your wounds..." He chuckled with a wide grin, "Well after lunch you can do the cleaning this time. Now let us eat, I'm starving..."

          After eating, we both headed to our little cabin that Beast Boy made while I was still unconscious this morning. I was amazed at how decorated the interior of the place that we were going to call home was for a while until we were noticed missing. Tropical tree leaves were made into curtains to block out the sun, with thin window screens sewn into them to keep the bus outside; the trunks were neatly placed down for the flooring, and a small little kitchen with a medium-sized dugout for the fire to cook our meals outside of the patio; small lanterns were also made to use the small candles I had taken from the ship and stored them in my luggage, for light for the evenings. And inside of single room held inside a hand made Queen sized bedframe out of our rowboat, with the same curtains for the windows and front door, surrounding the bed held together with the lifeboat as the mattress, with a little rocking chair to sit on and a sunroof window to let in the light during the day. Since we had our luggage we really didn't need drawers to hold our things in. I bought out our two boxes of First-Aid kits and started cleaning Beast Boy's damaged chest and back from the explosion of the ship, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was but he had a 2nd-degree burn across his back and minor cuts along his chest. Using some of my magic to heal the minor cuts, I put my focus along his burn, applying ointment to it. I knew he was holding back his cries from the pain that he was feeling because he had let out a few whimpers and yelps earlier. "Sorry if I'm hurting y-" "Don't be." He growled in pain, making me feel guilty of him going through this. "At least you're here to help me out. If you weren't, it could have gotten worse..."

           (Fourth Wall)

           Raven and Beast Boy walked along the shoreline holding hands after Raven finished with Beast Boy's wounds and put on fresh bandages on them. They both walked in silence as the sea water went came in, not going too far away from their campsite. "Hey, since we're in this whole situation and all... I don't mind you calling me Garfield.", said Beast Boy as Raven looked at him and smiled. "Why do you say that, Gar?" He blushed from her question, not knowing how to respond back, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand as the other one was gently tracing circles on Raven's. "Just in case... you know... if we stay here longer than we had thought." He kicked the sand with his feet as they walked side by side along the shoreline on the way back to camp. Raven wrapped his arm around her shoulders and kissed his cheek, as his ears went loopy, and had a smile on his face. She giggled at the response that she gave him from the kiss, grinning with joy "I wouldn't mind that at all..." she thought. As they reached camp, got dressed for the night, and lay in the hand-weaved hammock outside the porch of their new home talking while watching the sunset, they realized that their friendship was going to become something spectacular...