Chapter 17

BB: Call me crazy if you want to, I don't care. But not yet knowing that you want to jump the gun and ask Raven to marry me didn't go as planned out in reality... Me and her talked about having pets instead of kids because we weren't ready for the adulthood of being parents so soon. My love kept growing for her every day we spent time together and away from each other when I had a boys night out and the ladies stole Raven from me for the night. Not once did I stop thinking about her, she meant the world to me so much. One night when I got home from a night out with the boys, I went straight to bed; Raven was sound asleep with her book on her chest. She looked so perfect just sleeping there. Aaaaahhhh! I couldn't take it anymore, I gently put her bookmark to save her spot for her when she wakes up in the morning and then joined her in bed after I got undressed and cuddle her, gently kissed her back and she smiles at me while she sleeps, turns around my direction and nuzzles my chest. I'm happy that I still have her around in my life. I always felt like an outsider in my life but now that she's here with me, everything makes sense...

The following morning I have myself stuck with her in my arms again, and I didn't bother moving a single muscle of my body and quietly watched her sleep, of course with a goofy smile on my face. We were staying at our second house up in the hills since the team had us to stay away from the public eye for a while until things with the Justice League died down for a while. Like if I cared, I was told to keep her safe from Trigon in case he had any ideas on coming back for her. That was all I was told to do... After she woke up and we had a small brunch outside on the patio, we had fun in the woods and played tag for a while. We had cut up a watermelon from our garden and made smoothies while chilling out in the hammock as I tried refilling up the bird feeder; a squirrel tried stealing the seeds and I had to fight him for the whole bag, Raven got a laugh out of the whole thing and recorded the wild squirrel and me going at each other for it. Of course, I was victorious afterwards and made amends with a new friend.

During the afternoon, we relaxed by the poolside under the shade; I read something new for once instead of the fancy of my collection of comic books, that I have now lost count of buying so many throughout the years. Raven offered me a book to read since I already read the ones I had stored here at the house; it was called "Beasts Made of Night" by Tochi Onyebuchi, and I have to say I didn't think that I would manage to get past the first chapter within 15 minutes. Overall, I was loving it just reading with Raven during the day kept my mind out of the state of reality for a good hour until we decided to order pizza because of the fact that we were both hungry and that was the first thing we could think of at the time being. While we waited for the pizza guy, we both took a stroll to the mini-market close by to grab beverages and snacks for later on tonight. By the time we got back, the pizza guy came with our order and tipped him a solid $10 for the long journey he had to make just to find us. 

Note from Author:
Hello everybody, I have been missing out lately with my updates. I just wanna apologize for my absence. I'm recently going through a new chapter in life and I have been going through so much lately. A new lover has gotten me through a new perspective on my writing experience and it now feels like I am living with the fanfic that I'm writing to you lovely people. Thank you so much for getting this book to 3k in views... I'm still speechless about it. I'm still continually writing this book but with more realistic effects so get ready for more solo chapters of our lovers. Until then I love you all, enjoy ~