♡ Chapter 1 ♡

♡ CHAPTER ONE ♡

Ariana Miller never wanted to move from her home in New York city. Her whole life was there--her family, her house, her favorite shops and her favorite hang-out spot which was located at the back of a run-down car shop.

Ariana discovered that place when she was only eleven years old. Her father had been looking for a cheap car and she wandered off. She went through a fence that said 'no trespassing' and then she found paradise.

The place was an enclosed lot; just patches of grass and rocks covered the dried-up soil. Everyday since she discovered that place, she would come to spy if anyone else ever went there. After a month of observing, no one ever showed up so she decided that it was time to take advantage.

She snuck in almost every morning at nine thirty and brought in wooden chairs, foldable tables, and big, old floor mats and soon enough, she practically lived there.

Her parents never questioned why she was absent from nine-thirty to five-thirty every weekend and everyday of summer. They knew that ever since Ariana was little, she was a special girl. She saw the world in a different perspective. It didn't surprise them if she found something on her own that she found was worthy of her time.

It's not that her parents didn't care about her, because they did. They just trusted Ariana more than anyone could understand. And that was partly because she was able to grow up decently with her younger twin brothers (which was not an easy thing to do!). And Ariana wasn't even supposed to be the eldest. She was supposed to have an older sister, but she died before her mother could even give birth to her.

BARK BARK

"Percy!" Ariana exclaimed. She was peacefully sleeping until her dog woke her up. She shouldn't have been upset though, since Percy did that every morning. Ariana had Percy ever since she was five. And he was the only other living thing who'd been with her to her favorite place.

"BARK BARK!" he pressed when she didn't get up immediately. She groaned and turned around, her back to the dog. Percy didn't bark again, so she thought 'wow he finally gave up'. But oh was she wrong!

She felt something slimy and warm against her cheek. Oh no. He was not doing this to me! she thought. She lifted her hands to feel the soft fur of her tiny shih tzu and lifted him up in the air, sitting up on her bed in the process.

"You know I love you," she started. "But never lick me again," Ariana said in a sickly-sweet voice that made Percy go silent. She hugged the puppy tightly before getting out of her bed. She went to open the long, brown curtains to her right-side wall. Yes, her entire right-side wall was made of glass. And yes, it overlook the streets of New York. And yes, if she forgot to close them, people could actually see her changing. But she loved it, anyways.

"Hmm..." she pondered, looking thoughtfully out the window. "Not much traffic today, surprisingly." And by not much traffic she meant not much honking noises.

She closed the curtains and went to take a shower then changed into shorts, a rainbow-colored shirt that said 'Ugly starts with U'', and her favorite boots. Afterwards, she tied her blonde hair in a high ponytail.

Her hair was medium blonde and had multiple areas which were dyed with the different colors of the rainbow. Except yellow. Gosh she hated the color yellow! It was nothing personal, mind you. She just never liked that color. Her parents had been reluctant to let Ariana dye her hair, but she did it anyway. Andafter seeing the result, they were actually glad that she dyed it.

They said it made her look "prettier than she already was" and that it "showed off her uniqueness". But honestly, Ariana just liked the pretty colors at the ends of her hair... and some on the side, and underneath and just scattered all throughout her long, straight hair.