♡ Chapter 2 ♡

♡ CHAPTER TWO ♡

~~~A MONTH LATER~~~

The car ride from the airport to their so-called 'new home' was spent in painful silence. Ariana was sure that her brothers had no concern whatsoever about them moving. Their father was eager about starting fresh or whatever he said but he tried his best not to talk about it in front of Ariana since she still wasn't taking it easy.

She looked out the window, her earphones on. Come to think of it, it wasn't like she had a hundred bestfriends or a boyfriend to say goodbye to, she had one friend. A twenty-two year old guy that worked at the local pet shop. And they weren't even that close. But the things that made it hard for Ariana was:

1.The feel of new york. The busy streets, the traffic, the noise, the danger and the fast-pace of everything.

2. Her house. She was born and raised there! She lived everyday of her life waking up to the same old blue room, showered on the same white-tiled bathroom and ate in the same old rusty kitchen.

3. Her favorite place! To Ariana, abandoning that place was like abandoning her baby.

Her parents never knew about that place so they never fully understood why she was so upset about it. They told her every comforting thing imaginable about how they could visit their house again sometime, or how she could make new friends in her new school but Ariana never listened to them, knowing that what they said was true but it wasn't helping at all.

They couldn't remake her favorite place, she still couldn't spend everyday there.

"Cheer up, Ari." Cory nudged her ribs beside her.

"Cory, you know I don't like being called that!" she said without looking at her brother.

All she saw were palm trees and bright buildings and more palm trees. She could already tell the difference between New Yorkers and these Californians.

Most New Yorkers were independent individuals. They didn't give a fudge about other strangers on the streets. And just from the smiles on the peoples faces here, she knew that they were far from ever being like any New Yorker. And the bright sun that covered almost every inch of this city didn't exactly help warm Ariana up to this place.

After spent almost an hour looking at the brightness of Los Angeles, she decided to shut her eyes. In her mind, she kept replaying scenes of her life in New York. Every time she would get screamed at by taxi drivers whenever she would bike in front of them at a green light, every time it rained and every time she was at that abandoned lot at the back of that stupid old car shop.

Ariana never had a lot of family there. Her grandparents had passed away when she was just nine years old and they were from Florida, her only uncle was in Chicago and that was it. She didn't have any other uncles or aunts or cousins and that made her slightly upset.

"We'll arrive in exactly fifteen minutes, kids!" Her father announced. Ariana didn't want to be the worm in the apples, but she couldn't help it. She normally went with what her parents planned, whether she liked it or not. But she just couldn't do that with this.

She fell asleep in the car, not wanting to see more of the city. When she felt the cars engine stop, she opened her eyes and saw that they were parked in front of a small, wooden house. She was surprised to see that she found the house actually welcoming despite the massive difference it had from her house in New York.

Her home in New York was mostly made of cement, and looked very modern. It wasn't much, but you can definitely say it was modern. And the colors were made mostly of whites, grays and splashed of red.