♡ Chapter 22 ♡

• Dedicated to Nobody, cuz this chapter sucks. Sorry, guys :(

♡ CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO ♡

After Ariana spilled everything that happened--except the part about Damian-- , Brandon just stared at her blankly, like what just came out of her mouth was completely alien.

Ariana stared back, holding her breath for his answer.

And then he sighed and shut his eyes. He laid his head against Ariana's pillow as Ariana played with Percy's fur. For some reason, the two pets were quiet. Maybe they could sense that the atmosphere was... timid.

"Are you sure, seashell?" Brandon finally spoke.

"I've never been more sure about anything else in my sixteen years of existence," the girl replied solemnly.

When Brandon didn't speak again, Ariana decided that she should. "What are you going to do?" she spoke very quietly. Brandon opened his eyes and looked at her ceiling.

"I'm definitely not going to tell him I'm his son," he replied. "What are you going to do?"

Ariana bit her lip, thinking. Thinking. Thinking. Then a lightbulb went off in her head

"I'm going to change all their minds," she said. Brandon knit his eyebrows.

"What?"

"I'll prove to them that music isn't evil, that it isn't bad. I'll show them it's a gift. It's an... I can't even describe it! It's something magical!" Brandon propped himself up on one elbow.

"And how are you going to do that, exactly?"

~~~ONE HOUR LATER~~~

"So what your asking is for me to set up an A.M.O meeting at the woods this Saturday?" Mr. Blue repeated what Ariana had asked him.

The girl nodded.

"Why?" the man asked.

"Well I wanna announce something that will hopefully change A.M.O forever."

Mr. Blue raised his eyebrows. "Really?"

"Yeah. Hopefully everyone's hatred for music will be intensified." Lie.

Mr. Blue gave her an indecipherable look, then nodded. "Okay, then."

"Thanks."

Ariana left A.M.O right after with a light feeling in her chest. As she walked down the street, her phone buzzed in her pocket.

The girl took it out and saw that she had gotten a text from Keera. It said: "Hey, can you meet with me at the studio with Brandon and Damian? I have some news."

Ariana scrunched her eyebrows, but texted back, "OK. But I'm not sure about Damian. I haven't really been in contact with him lately."

Keera texted back, saying, "That's okay. I'll just tell him later or tomorrow."

Ariana ran to Brandon's house and knocked on his door. His mother opened and upon seeing Ariana, smiled. "Hi, Ariana. Are you here for Brandon?"

"Yeah, actually. Keera told us to meet with her in the studio," the girl replied. The mother nodded, and called Brandon. He re-appeared not too long after, and the two left to go to the studio.

"Sorry to disturb you," Ariana told him. "I know you need time to think especially after what I told you about your dad. But Keera texted saying she had news for us in the studio."

The boy only nodded and gave her a small smile. After a while, he got the courage to say, "So I spoke to Damian." Ariana looked at the ground.

"I asked him if he knew what was going on with you," Brandon continued. "He told me what happened." Silence followed after his last words.