♡ Chapter 8 ♡

♡ CHAPTER EIGHT ♡

It took a second for Ariana to spot the tiny, wheeled metal contraption roll it's way onto the runway. A few models were startled at first and some even fell onto each other.

But what surprised Ariana the most was the model who came out just seconds after it all happened- Mikaela Proud.

She had a determined look on her face, as if attempting to still walk on the runway even with the metal contraption whirring about.

Damian held the controller out to Ariana. "Wanna try?" He asked. Ariana looked at the controller, and then back up at Damian. She beamed and nodded her head and took the controller in her hands.

The lever-thing that stuck out looked easy enough to handle, so she pulled side to side and then up and down and the metal contraption actually followed. She tried to control it to always go in front of Mikaela, or in between her feet. She looked distressed at the thing and always had to stop abruptly to let it pass.

By the time she was done, some sort of manager came and tried to get the metal thing. Ariana quickly gave Damian the controller so that he could control where the machine went.

He made the machine scurry out of the shop and Damian and Ariana ran up the side of the shop and to the front as Damian scooped the contraption up in his arms, turned the controller off, and ran away from the spot as fast as possible. Ariana tried her her best to contain her laughter while they were running.

Damian quickly glanced back and saw that nobody was chasing them and that they were already a far distance from the boulevard, and he slowed down his pace. Ariana did the same and they were both panting heavily.

"That," Ariana said, trying to breath properly. "Was hilarious!" She laughed. Damian laughed with her and for a moment, it almost felt like everything washed away and all that existed was that moment. When they were just happy and forgot about every negative thing in the world.

But just like everything else, that moment quickly ended.

Damian's phone started to ring in his pocket and he answered it, starting to walk away form Ariana so that she wouldn't hear his conversation with whoever it was on the other line. Ariana quickly composed herself and stood by the curb silently. After a few seconds, a car would whizz by and her hair would get blown to the side.

After a few minutes of just waiting, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She flinched then quickly stepped back a little and then saw that it was only Damian. He had a look on his face that she couldn't quite decipher.

"I should take you home now," he stated. Ariana nodded silently as they waited for a taxi.

They got in and Ariana told the driver where to go. It was a long ride, which was spent in complete silence except for the radio that was blasting on 1970's music. When they pulled up on her neighborhood, Damian's eyes grew wide.

"Y-you live here?" He asked. Ariana looked over at him.

"Yeah, why?"

He shook his head. "It's nothing," he replied as Ariana gave him a disbelieving look.

"What is it?" She drew slowly. Damian shrugged his shoulders.

"My friend lives i-in this neighborhood,"

"You mean Brandon?"

Damian blinked at her. "Yes, h-how'd you know?"

"We're friends, too. Remember the day I barged in your shed? Brandon was there, we knew each other," She said. Damian just nodded wordlessly and muttered a goodbye. Ariana said bye and thank you in return as she got out of the cab and walked up the house.