♡ Chapter 11 ♡

• Dedicated to Ron Matthew Alunan

♡ CHAPTER ELEVEN ♡

Ariana was too stunned to speak. Blair looked down at the three of them. Her dark hair was loose and she wore a baggy shirt, a black vest and ripped jeans.

"Blair? Blair Vasquez?" Damian stammered. If possible, Blair's smirk only grew wider.

"I should've known that you two were friends, it would be the only reasonable explanation why you would choose that nerdy piece of garbage over me," Blair said. If Brandon knew what was going on, Ariana was sure that he would've called Blair off. But since he was still processing what was happening, and Ariana fumed with anger, she stood up from her seat and snapped at the rude girl.

"Actually, the only reasonable explanation why I voted for him instead of you is because he's way more talented than you," Ariana said. When Blair opened he mouth to say something back, Ariana cut her off.

"And more good-looking, too." At that, Blair's mouth fell open. But she quickly closed it and crossed her arms.

"Forget it, we'll settle this on Friday, be there or else." And with that, Blair stomped out to find somewhere else to go get ice cream. Ariana blinked for a moment or two, shocked that she had just talked back to Blair. And then she abruptly sat herself back down.

Ariana kept her eyes on the table, avoiding eye contact. And she pursed her lips. Oh no, that was supposed to be my chance to ask Blair if we could cancel the sing-off! Ariana mentally freaked out. And I blew it! I completely and utterly blew it by insulting her! What was I thinking?! I'm so stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stu---

"Seashell?" Brandon's voice interrupted her mental self-scolding session. She looked up at the two boys slowly.

"Yes?"

"What just happened?" Brandon asked. Ariana sighed as she turned to Damian.

"Damian, I'm so super sorry for-"

"No, don't apologize," he smiled. "You really boosted my self-esteem," He smiled. Before Ariana could ask what he meant, he cut her off.

"I've never been called talented and good-looking in the same day before, so today is really going well for me," he grinned. Ariana chuckled lightly.

"Seashell, what did that Blair girl mean about settling it on Friday?" Brandon asked Ariana seriously. The expression on his face was so intense that Ariana felt like melting away into a pulp.

"Well it all started yesterday..." and she dove into the story. She told them about the recording studio and how Blair had challenged her. When she was done, the boys had two completely different expressions their faces.

Damian's expression was of anger and partly guilt. Brandon's was of mischief.

"Okay, here's what we're going to do. Damian and I are going to coach you so that you'll be ready for the sing-off this Friday," Brandon said with a mischievous grin. Even though Ariana got the feeling that Damian wasn't that much of a troublemaker, he actually looked like he agreed with what his friend said.

"Yeah," he nodded. "That would be good."

"Coach me?" she asked them. "Coach me... how?!" she demanded. Just then, the waiter came by their table and gave them their orders. When the boys licked their ice creams, they looked at each other and shared a look. And then they looked back at Ariana.

"We'll coach you on all the performing and trash talk things..." Brandon said.

"And our friend Keera will teach you the rest," Damian finished.

"First of all, I don't want anything to do with trash talk! And second, who in the world is Keera?!" Ariana protested. The boys shared a mischievous look.