♡ Chapter 21 ♡

♡ CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE ♡

Ariana went to A.M.O the next day. She already asked everyone about why they disliked/hated music. Some people had really dumb and lame reasons, but some people had really sad ones.

Like there was this woman who had a daughter who loved ballet and she died of cancer, and listening to music just made the woman depressed because it made her remember her daughter.

When Ariana was just finishing up interviewing the last person, the founder of A.M.O arrived. He wore a solemn expression, his eyes scanning through the crowd. Ariana didn't know what the big deal was.

"It seems to me that we have a newest member," the man spoke. "Miss Georgia, please come with me." And he left though the curtains. Ariana scratched her head, while all around her, people gave her weird looks.

She stood up and followed the man. He was climbing up a set of stairs, and Ariana followed him through a doorway. "If you're going to do something bad to me, I swear that I will--"

"Don't worry, I won't."

"That's what they all say." Ariana shook her head as she shut the door behind her. The room was spacious. The walls and most of the furniture was made of wood and the room smelled of black coffee.

"Please, sit." The man gestured for Ariana to sit in one of the chairs in front if the big oak desk. Ariana did, gingerly.

"Want some coffee?" he asked. Ariana shook her head.

"Nah, not my forte."

"Some tea, then?"

"Sure," she shrugged. "Don't drug it, though."

The man chuckled. "Why do you assume that I'm gonna hurt you?"

"You're a stranger and I see that a lot of people are intimated by you," Ariana replied cooly as the guy poured some hot tea in a small cup.

"Well for starters, they're only intimidated by me because they think I might kick them out of the organization, when in truth, I would never do such a thing. And second, I'm Mr. Blue. There, I'm not so much of a stranger anymore, am I?" Mr. Blue gave her the tea. Ariana took it, smiling gratefully.

"So..." Ariana started, leaning back on the chair and folding her legs, "Why'd you call for me?"

Mr. Blue finished making his coffee and sat down on the chair behind his desk. "I wanted to know your story."

"My story, huh?" Ariana asked, sipping her tea.

"Yeah, why do you hate music?"

Ariana chuckled. "I've been asking everyone here the exact same thing, Mr. Blue. But how about you? Why do you hate music so much?"

The man's expression hardened. But instead of this making Ariana feel sorry and like she shouldn't discuss the topic further, it only made her feel more superior. "Don't you think it's time to share your story, Mr. Blue?"

Mr. Blue reclined his chair just a little. "And what makes you think that you, of all people, would be the first person I'd share it to?"

Ariana smirked, then sipped her tea. "I hate music because me and my fiancé... well, you see, I had this ex. On my wedding day with my current boyfriend, my ex sang our theme song and ruined the entire wedding. So... yeah," Ariana said.

Mr. Blue raised his eyebrows. "That's it?"

"Why, isn't that enough?"

He shrugged. "Sure it is." Ariana gulped down the remaining contents of her tea.