♡ Chapter 3 ♡

♡ CHAPTER THREE ♡

The next three days, the three of them painted the house. Ariana's room had lavender walls and the twins room was dark blue.

Ariana even made her ceiling a navy blue and stuck glow-in-the dark star stickers on it so that it will be like the evening sky.

The paint finished drying on the fourth day, which is the same day that their family decided to buy the rest of the furniture.

Her father drove them to the mall at ten in the morning. And the sun was shining awfully bright that day.

"Does it ever rain here?" Ariana complained.

"Hardly ever, no," her father replied coolly.

That didn't exactly lighten Ariana's mood.

When they got to the mall, they went straight to the bottom floor which had the furniture. Her mother went and chose the kitchen and bathroom furniture while dad was left on the couches and such. The twins stayed with Ariana. She sat on one of the couches while the twins played with their toys.

She sighed. Normally, she would've been excited on choosing furniture for their house but Ariana kept reminding myself that they were buying furniture for the house that they had practically replaced for the house that she grew up in.

"Excuse me, um.. miss?" a voice from behind her spoke. She shifted in her seat to look at the person speaking. It was actually an employee. He had glasses and light brown hair and a name tag that read "Damian."

"Yes?"

"Sorry t-to disturb you, but you're not allowed to s-sit on the seats," he said. Ariana slumped her shoulders and stood up.

"Okay sorry," she sighed. She craned her neck to see where her parents were so that she could ask them to hurry up, but she saw no sign of them.

"Miss?" the same voice called her. She turned again.

"What?!"

"Uh, are you Ariana Miller?" he asked, not making eye contact. A portion of his brown hair fell to his face.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

Damian hesitated to answer. "You're going to k-kenzington high this school year, right?" Ariana remembered her parents telling her two days ago that they had enrolled her for some high school. She wasn't sure if it was kenzington high, though. But she did remember that it started with a 'K' and ended with 'ton'.

"Uh, yeah. How did you you know that, too? Are you like stalking me or something?"

"No. But I'm a s-student at that school and I'm v-volunteering for this summer and I overheard a teacher talking about a student w-with your name and I think I c-caught a glimpse of your enrollment p-papers and had your picture on it," he explained rather hurriedly.

Ariana was going to say something when he quickly said, "Bye," and dashed off.

"Goodbye to you too, Damian," she muttered uselessly under her breath.

She took out her phone and checked her messages. Of course, none.

Just then, her mother went rushing over to Ariana and the twins. "Kids! I was able to pick out the most amazing stuff for the kitchen and the bathroom and your father has a very good eye for cheap yet fabulous furniture!" She continued to talk about the stuff they got even though Ariana wasn't really paying attention.

After that, they got lunch and hurried home with a truck following them that held their newly purchased furniture. While her parents set things up, Ariana's mom told her to bring the twins to the library.