♡ Chapter 9 ♡

♡ CHAPTER NINE ♡

Everyone seemed a little stunned at the moment. What he did was considered disrespectful and Ariana didn't know what to make of it.

Maybe he really needed to poo? Or maybe I was so stinky that he couldn't stand it or something? Were one of the reasons that Ariana thought of about the boys abrupt exit. After a few moments, the woman that Ariana assumed was from her dad's team clapped her hands together.

"Okay, why don't we move on from that awkward moment?" she asked eagerly. Everyone else in the room murmured in agreement.

"Okay guys, this is my daughter Ariana. She'll listen to these three sing and she'll help us pick which one to give the record label to," her father said. The girl with the dark hair bounced off the couch and walked in front of Ariana with an ever-so-plastic smile plastered on her face. She tilted her head to one side and held out her hand to shake.

"Hi, I'm Blair Vasquez," she smiled. Ariana took her hand and shook it awkwardly. Up close, Ariana could observe the heavy eyeliner that Blair wore. The girl with the crimped hair stood up, too. When Blair stepped back, she took her place in front of Ariana.

"And I'm Michelle Cruz," she beamed. Ariana found her aura sincerely friendly. Her brown locks were bouncing up and down slightly as they shook hands. "You can call me Mitch, though."

Blair and Mitch sat back down on the couches, Mitch wearing a bright smile and Blair wearing a smirk and sitting comfortably on the couch with her boots on the coffee table.

Ariana was introduced to her father's team, the man named Cole and the woman named Janice.

"Okay, now that you've met almost everyone--" her father started when he was interrupted by the door opening. All their heads turned to look who had entered and Ariana was first shocked, then puzzled, and then a little happy.

The person who had entered the room was Damian Burke.

Ariana was confused as to what he was doing there. And then the puzzles slowly clicked together. He was the boy who had left the room abruptly earlier! He was the one fighting for a record label for the company her father was working with. That was why he had so much music equipment in his shed! He was a musician! Damian Burke was actually a musician!

Without realizing it, Ariana smiled knowingly at him as he seemed nervous and, believe it or not, embarrassed. He looked at everyone in the room, except for Ariana, and mumbled an apology and sat back down on the couch, a distance away from Blair.

"This is Damian Burke," Cole announced to Ariana even though she needed no introduction.

"Okay, now that you have met everyone," her father continued, "you should get the pleasure to hear them sing."

They set up the studio, each of the artists getting to sing one song for Ariana to hear and then they'll have the three singers leave the room for Ariana and the group to discuss, and then have the three artists come back in and tell them the decision.

Mitch went on first, the group sat in front of the effects table thing and Ariana, her dad, and Damian and Blair sat down next to them, listening to Mitch sing. The music played and Mitch started to sing.

"She's just a girl and she's on fire," she sang in such clarity and perfection that Ariana had a hard time not letting her jaw drop to the ground.

"Hotter than a fantasy," she made a few runs in the end of 'fantasy'. "Lonely like a highway."

Mitch sang the rest of the song in the same clarity, but her voice cracked a few times in the higher notes. Out of the corner of her eye, Ariana could have sworn that she saw Blair roll her eyes as Mitch finished the song. Everyone clapped for her, though Blair's applaud was more slow and mocking.