♡ Chapter 20 ♡

♡ CHAPTER TWENTY ♡

The company that Ariana's father worked for opened that weekend. Of course, Damian was there at the evening celebratory party. Ariana and Brandon were there, too.

To celebrate, they went to a karaoke house where practically everyone had their turn singing. This happened four days after Ariana forgave Mikaela... sort of.

During those four days, numerous things had happened:

1) Mikaela tried to befriend Ariana

2) Blair Vazquez had left California to join some rock band in Canada or something

3) Ariana asked Damian out on a date;

4) And he. Said. Yes!

The date was supposed to be on the evening after the celebratory karaoke party thing. The next day morning, Ariana and Brandon went to A.M.O in their costumes.

Brandon was asking a twenty-year-old guy about what made him hate music. "It's so common, man. Just ask anybody on the streets if they like music, and they'll reply with, 'Yeah, I love music. It sets me free' and poop like that. Honestly, I'm sick of music now. There's nothing original about it." Ariana clenched her hands into fists.

"So you're saying that you dislike just because music because its unoriginal?" Ariana asked through gritted teeth.

The guy gave her an odd look. "Yeah. You have a problem with that?"

A few eyes landed on hers. She gulped. "No," she said evenly. Ariana and Brandon went across the room and towards a thirty-year-old woman.

"Hi," Ariana smiled. The woman greeted her back.

"So why do you hate music so much?" Brandon asked her as politely as he could.

"Well, my husband was-" but before the woman could continue speaking, her head snapped up and stared at somebody right behind Ariana and Brandon. Everybody else in the room did, too. Slowly, the two teens faced back.

There was a tall man standing in front of the curtains, with Earl right behind him. The guy was of light skin and had a medium build. He had dark hair and looked like he was in his early thirties. His features reminded Ariana of someone...

She shook the thought from head. Silly idea, Ariana thought.

The man walked through the room and started chatting with random people. "Who is that?" Ariana asked the woman she was talking to earlier.

"Oh that's the founder of A.M.O, Mr. Blue."

"Do you know why he hates music?" Ariana asked. The woman shook her head.

"Nobody does. Not even Earl." Suddenly, Brandon nudged Ariana.

"What?" she asked.

"My mom texted me, I have to get home."

"Why?" Ariana asked.

"I need to babysit Bryce," he sighed. Ariana nodded.

"Can I come with you?" she asked. Brandon bit his lip, texted his mom for permission, and told Ariana she could come.

The two excused themselves and walked home. Ariana went to her house and threw off her wig and changed into sweats and a shirt and then went to Brandon's house. Mrs. Davis had already gone and Bryce and Brandon were playing video games in the living room.

"There's pizza in the fridge, seashell. Just heat it up if your hungry," Brandon told her. Ariana nodded but didn't, since she wasn't hungry. It was already three o'clock and her date with Damian was at six.