♡ Chapter 12 ♡

♡ CHAPTER TWELVE ♡

The next day was hectic.

Ariana woke up to Brandon tapping on her window at 5:30 in the morning. When she yanked the curtains out of the way to yell at him, he just tapped his watch at her and disappeared out of sight.

She brought Percy with her as they biked to the studio. Bryce didn't mind that Ariana borrowed his bike, he said that she was pretty enough to ride it or something like that.

When they arrived at the building, Keera immediately got started on vocal warm-ups, and they drank a lot of water. They got started on a few easy classical songs. And then they sang country songs, pop songs, and then rock songs. And then Keera coached Ariana on the proper posture while singing, how to cover slip-ups in lyrics, etcetera etcetera etcetera.

And then Brandon coached Ariana about what to do when this or that happens on stage, how to not be out of breath when walking around the stage while singing, and how to win the crowd.

"How do you know so much about performing?" Ariana had asked in the middle of their break.

"You'll find out soon enough," Brandon replied, smirking. Ariana groaned. That smirk is really starting to get irritating, Ariana thought. But it's still cute, some part of her added. She felt so shocked with herself that she actually thought that, that she slapped herself across the face.

Damian, Brandon and Keera all stared at her like they were debating on whether or not they should take her to the mental hospital.

"Sorry, just..." Ariana racked her brain for an excuse. "My face was starting to feel all numb, I just wanted to get the feeling into it again."

Damian nodded indifferently and went back to playing with Percy. Keera just gave her a curious look, and then turned back to whatever she was doing. Brandon just looked like he was about to blow up into a fit of laughter in any second. When he couldn't keep his snickers in, Ariana stuck her tongue out at him.

"Shut up," She said as she threw an empty water bottle at his head.

"So Ariana, have you been going to any singing classes?" Keera asked Ariana. She shook her head.

"No, I've never been to any sort of music class except this," Ariana replied. Keera seemed shocked.

"Really? You play guitar, don't you?"

"Yes, but I learned by myself,"

"You just have such a beautiful and natural singing voice that really didn't need any more improvement on that I thought you've been taking singing classes for years!" Ariana smiled.

"I haven't, but my dad loves to sing, so I got it from him," she said. Keera nodded.

"I think we're done with all the lessons, we just need you to pick the song," Keera announced. She smiled at Ariana as if expecting that she already had a song prepared.

"I-I don't really have anything in mind at the moment..." She admitted sheepishly. Keera pursed her lips and nodded.

The rest of the hour was spent suggesting songs for Ariana to sing. But she either didn't like them, didn't know them, or thought that they weren't good enough to perform against Blair.

"You know what? Maybe we should just figure it out tomorrow," Ariana suggested. They all agreed and after saying goodbye to Keera, they went outside the building.

Damian had brought his skateboard with him. And Brandon told Ariana to get on Bryce's bike and follow him since they were going somewhere she wasn't familiar with yet.