Firsts > Leon Goretzka (II)

sequel to Five Years

"It's your girlfriend's first game today?" Alessandro asked as they sat side by side in the locker room.

Leon's eyebrows knitted together, producing a small frown on his face. "She's my wife, Schöpf," he responded before bending down to tie his laces. A short oh escaped from Alessandro's lips, and he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"So it's her first game as your wife?" He tweaked his question from before. Leon looked up at him, smirking stupidly at the word wife. It was still difficult to believe that Nadine was no longer just his girlfriend, but rather his actual living, breathing wife.

"Yeah," was the only thing he managed without sounding like a complete idiot. Alessandro found himself smiling as he watched his friend. Not only did Leon sound so in love, but his actions were playing the part just as well.

He turned to the mirror before running a hand through his tousled brown hair, causing Alessandro to snicker is amusement. "Are you checking yourself out for your wife?" He asked, laughing.

Leon didn't even bother to face the Austrian, he simply slapped Alessandro's head before resuming to tidy his hair. "Shut up, Schöpf," Leon muttered, a cheeky grin forming on his own lips. Alessandro laughed, shaking his head as the rest of the players came streaming into the locker room.

"Hey, you didn't invite me to your wedding!"

"It was the day before you came to Schalke, Schöpf."

"It's been a whole month? That's just cruel."

The stadium erupted into cheers in response to Leon's goal, and the boys in blue were quick to envelope him into a massive hug mountain. "Phenomenal," Max Meyer shouted into his ear as the group began to disperse.

Leon smirked at him before directing his gaze to the crowd. It wasn't hard for him to spot Nadine, her gorgeous blonde hair ruffling in the wind, dressed in Schalke's royal blue jersey and waving eccentrically at him. He hastily sent her a flying kiss, and Nadine sent one right back.

"First game of the season, and you score the first goal for Nadine? Cute," Alessandro suddenly appeared, wrapping an arm around his teammate.

Leon glanced at him. "Don't be jealous," he quipped. He patted Alessandro's chest before jogging away, leaving Alessandro who was extremely girlfriend-less, with an annoyed expression plastered across his face.

As soon as the game was over, Leon rushed over to the locker room to find Nadine. He found her waiting there, a gigantic smile overriding her lips. "There's my goal-scorer!" She exclaimed, holding her arms out so Leon could come in for a hug.

"That goal was for my wife, you know," Leon told her as they pulled away. Nadine feigned a surprised expression, placing a hand in front of her mouth, "who's that lucky woman?"

"Who knows," Leon shrugged, as the rest of the team slowly began to enter the locker room. For a moment he made eye contact with Alessandro, who was ambling in with Benedikt Howedes by his side. Alessandro glanced at Nadine before flashing him a cheeky smirk.

Leon couldn't help but flash him a small smile in return.

But Nadine didn't seem to notice, because there was something else on her mind. "Hey," Nadine's hands made their way down to hold Leon's, snapping his attention back to the woman in front of him. His wife.

"Since that was for me, I have something for you too," she said, beaming widely at him. He raised an eyebrow as Nadine let go of his hands. "Take it as my first present to you as a wife," she spoke as she reached into her backpack.

"Wasn't our house your first present to me?"

"We bought that together, Leon," she laughed, as she held out a small rectangular box. He looked down at the box curiously, taking it in his hands. Without hesitation he quickly opened the box, revealing a tiny Schalke shirt, with the letters spelling out Goretzka on it.

He stared at it for a few seconds, trying to make sense of the situation. As his teammates around him continued cleaning up noisily, Leon's mind suddenly went blank. "Nadine -" he muttered, staring at his wife in shock.

Before he could continue, she pulled him into a hug. "Yes, Leon, we're pregnant!"

It took a moment for Leon to get back into his senses, and he immediately hugged her back, overwhelmed with joy. The rest of the boys were quick to notice and wasted no time in congratulating him. Even Alessandro was having his fair share of hugs between Nadine and Leon.

To be honest, Leon couldn't have asked for a better way to end the first day of his Bundesliga season.

As requested by anonymous on my Tumblr :) So sorry I had to tweak your request slightly, I really liked the idea of this storyline and I couldn't think of anything else ): But I hope you liked it anyway! Thank you for reading!

So I have a sort of prequel to Five Years that I posted called All Good. Hope you guys could check it out! xx :)