Little Things > Robert Lewandowski

Thomas stood where he was, watching on as Robert aimlessly stumped on the grass as if there was something there he needed to crush. He had an anxious look on his face, and Thomas furrowed his eyebrows at that.

"Robert," the German called out to his friend. But Robert seemed to be much too preoccupied in stamping on imaginary insects to hear Thomas. "Robert!" Thomas sounded again, louder.

That was what it took for Robert to look up, the look on his face a startled one. "Everything okay?" Thomas asked as he ambled over to Robert.

A small sigh escaped the Polish's lips. "It's Dhania," he began, running a hand through his hair carelessly, "she's leaving." Thomas raised an eyebrow curiously, "Your best friend? She's leaving?" Robert nodded slowly, looking utterly dejected.

"She's found an amazing job in Spain and she's thinking of living there. I've tried asking her to stay but -" Robert paused mid-sentence, staring at Thomas as if expecting him to continue. Thomas raised both his eyebrows this time, "and why would you want her to stay?"

Robert shrugged awkwardly, avoiding any eye contact with his friend. A sheepish smirk formed across Thomas' face as realization began to hit him, "you love her don't you?"

"Like a more than friends love," he nudged Robert cheekily, "like a I-want-to-look-in-your-eyes-forever love. Like a I-want-to-spend-the-rest-of-my-life-with-you love. Like a -" Robert cut him off by squeezing his face with his palms. "Yes, Thomas. That kind of love."

Thomas laughed, shaking Robert's hands off his face. "Let me guess," he said as he began heading for the stands so they could both take a seat, "you haven't told her?"

As expected, Robert shook his head. "I've been meaning to confess for the longest time," he explained as they settled down, "but I just can't seem to find the right moment." Thomas exhaled deeply, leaning back against the seat.

"And now she's gone. Forever." Thomas turned to look at Robert, "and ever." Robert glanced at Thomas, narrowing his eyes disapprovingly. "Not helping," he complained.

Thomas chuckled, before putting a hand on Robert's shoulder, "I never knew you like her that way." Robert laughed, emulating Thomas by leaning back against the seat. "What's there not to like about her?" He questioned, almost to himself.

A shy smile formed across Robert's face as he thought about Dhania, the one person he had loved his entire life, yet could never bring out the courage to confess to. Love truly is a fascinating mystery, he thought.

"Everything about her, is honestly the paragon of perfection," he gushed, as Thomas listened earnestly.

"Like, how she spends twenty minutes just brushing her teeth every morning," he smiled, remembering how he had once been late for training solely because she wouldn't allow him to leave until she was done brushing her teeth.

Thomas stared at him, before breaking out into laughter. "She seems sassier than me," he quipped teasingly. Robert simply gave his friend a smirk in response.

Soon, Robert was back to gushing about Dhania. "She has this cute habit of taking two of everything. Two spoons of sugar, two squirts of soap, two slices of cheese," he explained, the smile practically engraved on his face.

"Dhania also does thing thing where she twirls her hair on her finger when she's nervous," he continued admiringly. Thomas watched on, his eyebrows knitted as he wondered for how long Robert would go on about her.

He didn't plan on sitting there listening to Robert rave about Dhania forever, but he also didn't wish to simply abandon his friend. He looked up, pondering about how he could get him to stop.

But what greeted him caused his eyes to widen in astonishment. "And when she's shy, she has this adorable smile which just melts my heart," Robert looked to the ground, feeling his cheeks beginning to flush at the thought of Dhania smiling.

When he realized Thomas had been mute the whole time beside him, he turned to his friend. "Am I boring you?" He asked apologetically. Thomas beamed widely at him, "me, yes. But her, definitely not."

Thomas pointed behind Robert, who swiftly spun around. His eyes immediately landed on the hazel brown eyes of Dhania's, who was staring at him, mouth agape. "Robert, you -" she tried. But she couldn't seem to find the right words.

Initially Robert thought of masking his confessions with lies. But eventually he decided he had nothing left to lose, anyway. "I've been wanting to tell you," he said after a few seconds of silence, "I love you. Much much more than a friend."

"You're leaving for Spain and I thought -" Robert spoke quickly, trying to explain himself. But Dhania was one for actions, not words. She walked up to him, wrapping her arms around him and pressing her lips onto his mid-sentence.

When she pulled back, a shy smile was plastered across her face. "Me too," she whispered to the dazed Robert, as a smile slowly crept onto his own face.

"I'll, uh, walk myself out then," Thomas announced, to nobody in particular as he scurried away from the pair, who were too busy staring into each other's eyes to notice him disappearing.

Another one of Robert Lewandowski as requested by germanynt ❤️ I hope you liked it! (: so sorry that it's up so late ): But of course, thank you so much for reading ❤️☺️