Loyalties > Sergio Ramos

Laura placed her hand over her eyes, sheltering it from the blinding light of the afternoon sun. She proceeded to fish out her sunglasses, putting it on immediately. Laura was standing outside Real's training ground, scanning the field for her boyfriend.

Most of Real Madrid were already done with training; they were either packing up or walking towards the backroom. Laura creased her eyebrows when she couldn't spot her boyfriend among the group of men scattered around the field.

She surveyed the grounds again, making sure she hadn't -

Laura froze in her spot when her eyes landed on her boyfriend, who apparently wasn't alone.

"Hey, Laura!" Someone greeted her, nearly making her jump out of her skin. Laura turned to find a beaming Álvaro, who gave her a small wave. "Hi, Álvaro," she smiled at her boyfriend's teammate, brushing aside the shock he had given her.

"Looking for Sergio?" He questioned, leaning on the railing she had been resting against. Laura raised her eyebrows, gesturing to Sergio, "I've found him, actually."

Álvaro followed where her eyes were looking, and found him too. He gasped when he saw who Sergio was talking to. "Isn't that Frida?" He asked, clearly as confused as Laura was. "Sure looks like it," Laura frowned, glaring at the pair.

Frida was Sergio's ex-girlfriend, who had once been a fairly amazing girlfriend, to be frank. Having known Sergio for a long time, Laura had been a friend when he was with Frida. And boy, did the two look so much in love.

Laura had always envied them, but at the same time, she also thought they would last forever. But one day, they unexpectedly ended it, and Laura never knew why. Even now that they were dating, Sergio had never told her why they separated.

"I liked her," Álvaro casually commented, prompting Laura to scowl at him. "I'm kidding, you're so much better than her," Álvaro chuckled, as Laura turned her attention back to the pair. They were standing at arm's length apart, and Sergio was nodding as she spoke.

"Was she that great?" Laura suddenly asked. Álvaro paused, eyeing her like he was waiting for her to say she was joking. When she didn't, he spoke, "look, Laura, she's in the past. You are in the now. Doesn't matter whether she was great or not; that was all before."

She bit her lip, watching as they gave each other brief nods in farewell. Seeing the downcast expression on her face, Álvaro placed a hand on her shoulder. "Sergio is a loyal man, you have to trust him, Laura," he tried.

Looking up, he saw that Sergio was approaching them. "I'll see you around, okay?" Álvarogave her shoulder a squeeze before turning the other way. Sergio smiled, seeing Laura by the railings. "Hey, princess, why the long face?" He asked, noticing the sad look on her face.

"Saw you speaking to Frida," she remarked, not bothering to sugar coat it. Sergio leaned against the railing, raising his eyebrows at her. "Oh you did?"

Laura creased her forehead at Sergio, "what were you two talking about?" Sergio casually shrugged in reply, "just catching up. It's been awhile."

"What, she just randomly came by to catch up with you?" Laura scowled, crossing her arms over her torso in disapproval. Sergio stared at her in disbelief, before shaking his head.

Leaning closer toward her, he gripped onto her shoulders. "Laura, I love you and only you and nobody else; not a single soul can change that," he confessed, looking her right in the eye.

Gazing into his eyes, Laura knew that he was telling the truth. His eyes reflected exactly what he was trying to say, looking back at her with so much love and affection. But she wasn't satisfied just yet.

"Why did you break up with her?" She probed, "you never told me." Sergio exhaled deeply, flashing her a small, sad smile. He looked away for a second, into the distance, trying to gather his thoughts.

"She slept with another man," he finally said. "She broke me, Laura," he continued, "she made me believe love was just a hopeless mess." Laura opened her mouth to speak, suddenly feeling guilty. But Sergio beat her to it.

"Until I fell in love with you, that is," he gushed, cupping her face gently. A small smile graced her lips as he planted a kiss on her forehead. "I'm sorry, baby," she apologized softly.

Sergio smiled, shaking his head, "it's okay." He interlocked his fingers with hers as they ambled toward the exit. "Remember when you told me you wanted to go to Disneyland in Paris last week?" He asked suddenly.

She looked up, raising her eyebrows curiously. Sergio smirked sheepishly in reply, "well I had planned on surprising you, but the real reason I spoke to her was for these."

Laura's mouth fell wide open when he held up the pair of tickets. Without thinking, she jumped onto him, enveloping him into the tightest embrace she could muster. Sergio laughed, trying not to get choked as he hugged her back.

Laura couldn't wipe the beam off her face, and she knew she would be smiling like that for a very long time.

Hehehe, as requested by laura4ramos! :) I hope you liked it! Thank you so much for reading

(I write way too much sometimes I hate me but) I just started on a new story, which is kind of a sequel to the events of Kevin Trapp's Love Not Lost. Hope you guys could check it out :)