Worth It > Antoine Griezmann

Parties. I hated parties. I never quite saw the point in mingling with people with music blaring and others chattering loudly in the background. Never have I ever found myself enjoying a party, and never could I picture myself enjoying one.

But that day, in a twisted turn of events, I found myself beaming widely as music blared deafeningly around me. In all honesty however it was no surprise, considering the one person I would gladly suffer through any party for, was present.

"Antoine!" A familiar voice rang through my ears, prompting my head to turn to the direction of the sound. My eyes landed on Saúl as he squeezed past the crowd, making his way toward me. "The fruit punch needs more sugar," he complained, raising his voice to be heard over the din.

I shot him a sideways glance, chuckling. "That is why I hate parties," I told him as my eyes scanned the crowd, looking for her. Saúl raised an eyebrow at me, crossing his arms over his chest. "You're not looking for Michelle, are you?" He asked.

He saw right through me. I shrugged, as my eyes finally landed on Diego's gorgeous daughter. She was laughing about something, and even in the dimly lit room I could still see her eyes twinkling with life. How could anyone not adore that?

"Better start thinking about how you're going to explain it to Diego then," he said between mouthfuls of chips, which I hadn't noticed he had been holding. I sighed at his comment, knowing exactly what he meant by it.

"I don't understand," I began, watching as she gracefully tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear, "why won't Diego let her date a footballer? He was a footballer once, for goodness sake!"

Saúl laughed at that, before saying, "but you don't really care, do you? Judging from how much you two have been stealing glances at each other at training for the past few weeks."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "I should be approaching her by now, right?" I said, feigning disappointment. He made a face, shaking his head disapprovingly. "If you want to dig your own grave, go ahead," he gestured toward the brunette.

As Saúl continued devouring his chips, I began weighing my options. Despite knowing she was practically out of bounds, I couldn't get her out of my mind. To make matters worse, or better I can't exactly decide, was that she didn't seem to be shunning my apparent interest.

Eventually, after listening toSaúl's endless munching, I decided it was now or never. "I'll see you on the other side, Saúl," I patted his back twice before heading off into her direction, leaving him behind completely wide-eyed.

I took a deep breath as the distance between myself and Michelle slowly grew shorter. Going against Diego's order to stay away from his daughter was practically a death wish. But even as I kept telling that to myself, my feet continued their journey toward her.

I casually slipped into the vacant space beside her, trying my best to play it cool. Michelle, who had been chatting with her friends, didn't take long to notice my presence. She glanced my way, flashing me a shy smile, which only made my heart skip a beat.

After a few minutes of waiting, her friends finally dispersed, leaving me and Michelle alone together. Keeping my eyes peeled for any sign of Diego, I glanced at her. "Cute shirt," I began, flashing her a small smile.

She chuckled in reply. "Are you hitting on me?" She quipped. I laughed, playing along. "Shh, you're not supposed to know I'm hitting on you," I feigned a serious expression. She turned to look at me, our eyes meeting for the millionth time since I first saw her.

"You're cuter than I thought," she grinned before turning away again. A huge smile crept up onto my lips as I felt my cheeks begin to flush. I had been wanting to ask her out for a long time now. The only thing that had been stopping me all this while was Diego.

But as I stood beside her only centimeters apart, I decided I honestly would take Diego's wrath any day just for her. "What are the chances of me asking you out, and you saying yes? I mean, despite all the circumstances," I said the last sentence matter-of-factly.

She was quiet for a moment; probably thinking. "Actually, 100%," she eventually said. I looked at her wide-eyed, "did you just agree to go on a date with someone you're not supposed to?" Michelle copied my expression from before, "shh, you're not supposed to know I said yes to my dad's player."

I looked at her, smirking sheepishly. Charming, as always. She hastily pulled out a slip of paper from her pocket, and a pen, scribbling something real quick. "Call me," she said, handing me the slip. I took it from her hand, as she slowly walked away.

"Michelle!" I called before she could disappear. She turned, raising a questioning eyebrow at me. "What about -" I began, not needing to continue because we both knew where I was getting at. "I'll figure that out," she winked, before disappearing from view.

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I looked at the paper she had given me, thanking the heavens for deciding to come to the party. Imagine if I had decided not to come.

YAY another Antoine Griezmann one, as requested by mxch__ :) hope you liked it! <3 thank y'all for reading/voting xx