Tiny Paws > Antoine Griezmann

If there was one thing that I would absolutely never come near, it would have to be cats. I absolutely despised cats. Their claws, their teeth, and their hissing; it's just terrifying. I wouldn't let a cat come near me for the world.

But there was one tiny problem. My boyfriend Antoine, he loves cats. When I say love, I really mean head over heels. When he's around cats, I literally don't exist.

Honestly it's beyond adorable, seeing him rub noses with the tiny creatures. But I've never been able to bring myself to give any affection to a cat. That was, until this one day.

I was lying on the couch watching a game of badminton on the television, when the door to our apartment creaked open. "Brie?" Antoine's voice greeted me. I hummed a reply, my focus entirely on the game.

"I have something for you," he sang as I heard him approaching. I pushed myself up, my eyes still glued onto the television. He took a seat beside me, prompting me to turn and face him. What greeted me caused me to literally jump off the couch.

On instinct, I hurriedly backtracked toward the wall. "Antoine, no," I muttered, staring at the kitten in his hands as he let out a small chuckle. "Brie, this is a harmless little kitten," he pointed out, holding the kitten up.

 "Brie, this is a harmless little kitten," he pointed out, holding the kitten up

I watched the little creature yawned, revealing it's miniature tongue and teeth. "It's not harmless!" I protested as he began to get up from the couch. As he neared me, I shook my head, scurrying away, "nope."

Thankfully, he stopped in his tracks. "Come on," he pleaded, flashing me an insanely adorable pout. For a second I almost wanted to give in. "We've been through this a hundred times," I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

"But you know how much I want us to get a cat," he reminded me. He had been begging me for months to allow us to get a cat. Every time I would deny it. But as I watched him cradle the kitten, guilt began building up inside me.

A small sigh escaped my lips as he sat cross legged on the floor. He held out his hand, "at least come here and let me show you how harmless he is." I hesitated for a moment, before eventually taking his hand.

I sat beside him, trying to keep my distance from the kitten and hugging tightly onto his arm. Antoine gently trapped it between his legs, as it tried it's best to escape. I watched as it tried to climb over his legs, only to fail and drop back into square one.

"Touch it," he uttered, flashing me a smile. I frowned at him, wanting so hard to disagree. But fears had to be conquered one way or another. "It'll be fine, it's like three months old," he reassured me.

I took a deep breathe. Keeping one arm wrapped around Antoine's, I reached out in an attempt to face my biggest fear.

When my hand first caressed the top of the kitten, I could practically feel the hair on my back stand up. It wasn't helping that Antoine was giggling so hard beside me. "Go on," he beckoned. I shot him a glare before turning my attention back to the kitten.

It had given up trying to escape by then, and was now lying on it's back with it's tiny paws raised in the air. I slowly placed my hand above it, and it playfully reached for my hand. It quickly trapped my fingers with its paws, and prompted to bite on it.

Surprisingly, I found myself laughing as I watched it. "It's ticklish," I looked at Antoine, letting his arm free. He smirked in reply, and I found myself shifting away from him and toward the kitten. I think it was safe to say that that was the moment that changed my life.

It had been a week since I conquered my fear of cats. A whole week since Antoine convinced me that cats were just furry, lovable creatures that only deserved to be showered with love and affection and nothing less.

I had basically fallen in love with cats.

"Antoine?" I called out, slowly pushing open the door to our apartment. I heard him hum in reply, from the living room where he was cooped up in front of the television. "Hey they're playing Gotham, don't you love Gotham?" He asked.

I nodded as I approached him, setting the box on the coffee table in front of the couch. "I also love surprising you," I grinned, occupying the empty space beside him. At that moment the kitten inside the box began to purr.

Antoine's eyes grew wide in that second and I thought he was going to scream. "No way," he gasped, his eyes darting from the box to me. Before I could react he enveloped me into a hug, and proceeded to press his lips hard onto mine.

He then reached into the box, raising the kitten into the air like a newborn child and muttering compliments at it as I giggled from the couch. Two of the things that I absolutely loved. What a sight to behold.

As requested by danisnotonfire1303 :) Hope you guys liked it! And of course thank you so much for reading and voting, as always

Also, just wanted to share with you guys about this new story I have up. It's kind of like the prequel to Leon Goretzka's Five Years. Hope you guys could check it out! ❤☺