In Your Arms > Julian Draxler

The apartment that night felt extremely chilly to Martina as she shifted herself on her couch to find a warmer position. But Julian, who was in the kitchen preparing dinner, felt the night was in fact the complete opposite of cold.

"Maybe it's because you're sick," he suggested as Martina listened to the sounds of metal clanking against each other in her kitchen. She nodded, drawing the blanket closer to her. "Maybe," she repeated weakly.

Martina had been in bed for practically the entire day. Her nose wouldn't stop running, no matter how much tissue she stuffed into it. Her boyfriend had come running over right after his training, bringing with him loads of hot chicken soup.

She watched as Julian carefully walked out the kitchen, carrying her dinner in his hands. Julian stopped in front of her, noticing her notebook and pen lying beside her. "Are you actually writing?" He questioned, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I promised Eddie I'd get him something tomorrow," she clarified as he set her dinner on the table. Julian placed his hands on his hips, "But you're sick! Can you not be a singer-songwriter for a day?"

Martina chuckled feebly. "I promised him, Jule, and I would never break a promise."

As she blew her nose into a tissue, Julian shook his head, a tiny smile across his lips. Unfortunately, she was right. The world renowned singer-songwriter Martina McCartney would never break a promise; not to her boyfriend, not to her fans and definitely not to her producer.

"If you're so insistent," he spoke as she began digging into her porridge, "at least tell me you're almost done." Martina looked up at him, holding the spoon inside her mouth, and scrunched her face guiltily. Julian crossed his arms over his chest, "are you serious?"

"I'm having one of those writer's block situations," she explained, earning an audible sigh from her boyfriend. Expecting him to further protest her decision, she opened her mouth to continue. But much to her surprise, he settled himself down in the vacant space beside her instead.

He wrapped an arm around her, pulling her closer towards him. She frowned, "you know I'm sick, right?" He looked down at her, nodding. "I know. Which is probably why you are having that writer's block," he said, making her chuckle.

"But there's no point arguing with Martina McCartney so I'll just wrap you in my arms and hope it helps," he concluded, leaning down to plant a kiss on the top of her head.

A wide smile formed across Martina's lips as she snuggled into Julian's embrace. She could never complain about having Julian as her boyfriend. He would always put her before himself, regardless of the situation. She was absolutely lucky. And slowly but surely, as she rested her head on his chest, song lyrics began developing in her head.

With her guitar slung over her shoulder, she stood over her boyfriend as she tried to hold back her laughter. Julian simply gazed up at her, saying nothing as he faintly mirrored her smile. "I told you not to come near me, didn't I?" Martina gently reprimanded him.

Julian ran a hand through his hair, his nose red from the constant rubbing it had been through. "At least I helped you figure out a new song," he reminded her, his voice slightly hoarse.

Martina smirked sheepishly as she took a seat beside him. "Speaking of my new song, do you want to hear it? You could be the second person in this world to hear it."

It was Julian's turn to laugh, "what an honour to be second." Martina lightly slapped his arm before turning her attention to her guitar. Slowly, she began to strum it, producing a melodious tune that automatically made Julian stop to listen.

Sometimes I feel like I can't run, I can't crawl

And sometimes I feel like I ain't nothing at all

Life is a journey where you stumble and fall

But I'm okay, when I lie down in your arms

Julian was already clapping his hands before she ended off the song. "I always knew you were talented, but I didn't know you were this talented," he said, still applauding her excitedly. Martina placed a hand on his thigh, beaming widely.

"Actually, that song was because of you," she shared, making Julian raise his eyebrows in surprise. "Because you're the best boyfriend I could have ever asked for, and I really am okay whenever I'm in your arms, Jule," she confessed, smiling sweetly at him.

Julian opened his mouth, making a sound which translated to sentimental approval. "That's so sweet, Tina," he smiled. He opened his arms to envelope her into a hug. But Martina squirmed and scurried away from him, giggling loudly.

"I love you Jule, but I am not getting sick again," she laughed, getting in reply a small smirk from her boyfriend, who was extremely sick but also extremely grateful to have Martina in his life.

Inspired by the song In Your Arms by Nico and Vinz because I absolutely loveeeeeeee that song. Hehehe. As requested by mvrtina! Hope you liked it! Thank you so much for reading, everyone, love you guys
ps have you seen the first chapter of my Christian Pulisic story yet? :)