Chapter 11

{Skylar's POV}

"Yo, Sky!"

I turned around to find Cameron running over to me from across the park. He was with two guys and a girl. The guys were tall, broad shouldered, and tan. The girl had red hair that fell past her butt. Really pretty if you ask me.

"Hey, this is Grace, Jeffrey, and Kaleb." Cam introduced.

I held out my hand to each one of them. "Hi, I'm Skylar."

"Yeah, we know. Damon talks about you all the time." Grace said with a smile.

"Not really." A new voice said. I sighed as I turned around to face Damon. Does he really have to be everywhere I go?

"Where's your bitch?" I asked. It was mean but, it wasn't a lie.

He chuckled. "Obviously she isn't here." He winked at me.

I ground my teeth together and turned around to find Melanie. She was here a few minutes ago. I walked over to the swings and sat down when I realized that she wasn't anywhere to be found. I didn't want to go home so, I put in my headphones and turned my music all the way up. I was listening to daddy's little girl by Frankie J. I started singing with the music while I was swinging.

I got higher and high as I was swinging on the swing. I also got louder as I sang. It was the moment I seen Grace, Cam, Jeffrey, Kaleb, and Damon staring at me that I thanked god I could sing. Damon and Grace were smiling at me. Damon and Grace were talking to each other. I tried to read there lips, but, lemme tell you, it isn't easy!

My phone beeped in my pocket indicating it was time to go see my brother. I slowed the swing and jumped up excitedly. I missed my brother so bad. I almost ran to my car. Almost. If I did that, they would think I was crazy. Which, maybe I was. I half ran and half walked to my car, getting in.

"Where're you going?" I jumped, as Damon appeared, like a ninja, at my window.

"Time to let my big brother know that the bad boy broke my heart." With a smirk, I pulled out of the parking lot and drove.

***

"Jacob Greene."

"Hold on, Miss Greene. You can go in when they call you. Have a seat." I nodded my head and sat down in one of the chairs along the wall.

A few minutes of waiting, they finally called my name to go in. I walked through the door and a long hallway. I got into the room I was in last time and sat down in an empty cubicle. I waited a couple moments before Jacob came into view.

My excitement welled up again as he sat down. He gave me a sad smile. I knew that he hated being here almost as bad as I hated living with Damon. He reached over and picked up the phone on his side. A second later, I did the same.

"Hey, Sky." Jake said.

"Hey, Jake. How're you doing?" I asked stupidly.

"Horrible." He said bluntly. "All there is to do is read and work out."

I laughed. He looked at me as if I've lost my friggin mind. "At least you'll be strong when you get out."

He rolled his eyes, but smiled nonetheless. "And you?"

I told him about Damon. I told him how much I thought I'd liked him.

"I will kick his ass, Skylar." He said with a straight face.

I chuckled, but his face remained the same. Shrugging, I reached into my pocket and pulled out a piece of chewing him that I stuffed into my mouth.

"I know, Jake." I sighed.

I raked my fingers through my hair in frustration and he gave me a questioning look.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

I shook my head. "Not really. No, I'm not. I really thought he liked me and then this Chelsea bitch shows up and he's all over her." I felt a traitorous tear roll down my face and I quickly wiped it away.

He opened his mouth to say something, but I shook my head.

"I'm a big girl, Jake. I'm fine." I lied.

The rest of the hour went as usual. Jake complained about the food and I listened and laughed.

"Miss Greene, it's time for you to go. We'll see you next Tuesday, right?" A police guard said to me.

I nodded my head. "Yes, sir. Bye Jake."

***

"Why are you here?" Chelsea demanded as I got out of my car.

"Umm. I've been staying here.." I said with an eye roll.

"Not anymore." She said placing her hands on her hips.

With another eye roll, I walked past her and into the door. She followed me inside and grabbed a water from the refrigerator.

"Damon doesn't want you here anymore." She said.

"So, Melanie does."

"Whatever." She said slamming the fridge door.

Melanie walked into the kitchen with a questioning look on her face. She looked from me to Chelsea until her eyes landed on me.

"Do you want me to continue staying with you or not?" I demanded.

Again she looked over at Chelsea. Sighing, she said, "No, I don't want to be your friend anymore either."

Without another word, I stormed into the guest room and began packing my stuff. It was kind of late by the time I had finished. All of my stuff was in my car except for one bag.

Wiping away a tear that had escaped, I picked up the bag. I made my way through the hallway and out the door. I stuffed the bag into the trunk and slammed the trunk as hard as I could.

"Woah, woah, woah." A familiar voice said shocked. I turned around and looked into the face of Damon. "What's gotten into you?"

"As if you don't know." I roll my eyes as I walk to the drivers side.

"I don't." He lied.

"Whatever." I mocked Chelsea.

I got into the drivers seat, started the engine, and pulled out of the driveway with Damon yelling behind me. But, I ignore him because I don't want to see Chelsea, Damon, or Melanie ever again.

______________________________________________________________________________

I am soooooo sorry for the late update! I don't really have an excuse except that I have a two yea old and 9 month old so I'm constantly chasing them around. Again I'm really sorry so vote, comment and maybe even share love you guys! Tell me what yu think.