Chapter 16

{Melanie's POV}

I wake up to my alarm clock blaring my favorite country song. I quickly dress and walk into the kitchen. Chelsea was no where to be seen. Thank God.

"Melanie." I cringed at the sound of her voice.

I turned around. Chelsea was standing there in all her glory.

"Where were you yesterday?" She demanded.

I swallowed. "I went to get my nails done." I held up my hands.

"By yourself." I nodded. "Well, next time let me know. I'll go with you." She chirped.

I sighed. I can't believe I pulled that off. I knocked on Damon's door.

"What?" He demanded opening the door.

"I was just wondering if you were going to school." I backed off, a little hurt.

"I'm sorry. Just sexually frustrated." He admitted. "Yeah, I'll be ready in a moment."

I nodded. "Okay."

"Mel," I turned around. "Chelsea still here?" I nodded. "Great." He said sarcastically.

~>.

{Skylar's POV}

"How's it going?" Jake asked.

I wanted to tell him about Damon's way to see me and us being able to be together. I wanted to tell him about Chelsea and why we couldn't actually be together.

But, I couldn't.

"It's going." I smiled. "But the bright side is you don't have much longer! The end of this month."

He smirked. "I'm pretty badass now huh? Been in the slammer." He joked.

At least I hope he was..

I laughed. "Yeah, definitely. Let me tell you about how badass you are."

He smiled before getting serious. "Have you seen or heard from Megan?"

I shook my head. "No Jake. I haven't. Don't you have her number. Instead of calling me, why don't you call her today?" I suggested.

He nodded in agreement.

"Times up, Greene."

We both sighed. "Love you, kiddo." Jake said.

"I love you, too."

~>.<~

I ran and gave Melanie a hug. "Is he here?"

She nodded. "He's behind you."

I turned around and he leaned in to kiss me. Damon walked me to all my classes today. I use to hate school, now I hate when it's over.

"I missed you, Ryder." I told him while holding him tightly.

"I've missed you babe."

That's when it hit me. I needed to know. I just hope he doesn't get mad for me asking.

"Have you slept with her since we've been together? I mean I know you have to be with her for my sake but I don't think I can.."

"No. I haven't and I won't." he cut me off.

I smiled. "Good."

I kissed him and said my goodbyes. I got in my car and waved at Melanie as I drove off.

I stopped by the store for a few feminine products because it was about that time and ran into Megan.

"Oh, hi!" I glanced over at the tall figure beside her. It was a guy. A guy who was not my brother. "Who is this?"

"Um, this is Jordan. My..." I raised an eyebrow. "He's just a friend."

I was so telling Jake. And he was supposed to call her tonight!

"If by friend She means boyfriend, then I guess I would be her friend." The guy smiled oblivious to what was running through my head right now.

"How could you do this to Jake?" I demanded.

"Who's Jake?" Jordan asked her, confusion giving his features.

"My brother. Her boyfriend." I told him. "I just bailed her ass out of jail for him and this is how she repays him. I'm going to tell him."

Her face drops in disappointment. "I understand."

I rolled my eyes and left the isle. I paid for my items and headed over to Justice's.

~>.

2 WEEKS LATER

{Damon's POV}

"Damey! I'm horny! It's been so long since we've had sex. Please?" Chelsea begs, trying to seduce me.

I cough loudly. "I'm sick babe." I lie.

She frowns. I can't keep up with the lying. I can't keep putting her off. No matter how hard I try. She's going to figure it out.

"Maybe tomorrow?" I suggested.

She sighs. "I can't. I have to leave for a little while. I still expect you to stay away from her. I will be back."

I nodded in agreement. "Where are you going."

"I just have to go somewhere for a little while, a month at most. Don't miss me too much." She purred.

"When are you leaving?" I asked her.

I was excited because I would get to see Skylar without being watched. I could hang out with her and hold her.

Unfortunately, I had to act upset. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'm leaving around eight tonight." She pouts. "I'll miss you, too!"

I checked the clock it was seven-thirty. I sent a quick text to Sky, deleting the text immediately after it sent.

Chelsea's leaving for a few weeks. Be here around 10. Don't text back.